Affiliate Help.
    Question.

We are a start up discount internet retailer, offering Daily Deals. Very similar to woot, but with more products. We tried Google CPC, but while we were getting visitors, they weren't converting and we couldn't justify to money spend on AdWords.

We did, however, find out that posts to Forums such as SlickDeals and/or FatWallet provided many visitors who converted very well. The problem, now, being that SlickDeals recognizes our posts, even though it's different users and user names. None will stick and all get spammed.

These are truly amazing deals. No lie. So, I think people would benefit from this site. I am now wondering how affiliates can help us with our new found problem. Any Ideas?

-Lindsey

ABW Ambassador
    so slickdeals tagged you as a spammer so you come here?

Why don't you have affiliates helping you check out different networks and see which ones fit your budget. If you have a store that you know in your heart will convert follow your hunch. But don't spam. It takes only one spam here to get banned, thats why this is the #1 place online to learn and ask.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

So, how do I go about this process? Do you recommend anyone in particular? I wasn't trying to spam, just trying to post a deal like a normal person.

Right where you type your posts, just after the part that says
    "Do NOT Post Affiliate URLs or Links - it is a violation of our policies!"
    is a little link to http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/ where you can pay for an announcement of your deal. Good luck.

Thank You!

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Since you have a daily deal, you could also put some money into developing something in-house, like a widget you can allow people to host on their websites that dynamically change, or your own datafeed. Once you build that up, it seems that you'd be a good fit for your own affiliate program, just based on what you've said briefly about your site.

I do agree with advertising legitimately for your program, but this widget or feed could be another alternative for some lower cost advertising that has a wider audience potential.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Have you tried to contact those forums and ask how you go about providing value to their members? A little honesty goes a long way in this business. Why would affiliates offer to help you, you don't have a program and started on an unethical foot.

If you have a daily deal site speak with AvantLink who have a forum here. They specialize in deal of the day feeds and are probably working with the affiliates you mentioned.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread