Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    News Interview Today
    I am so excited! One of the Indianapolis news stations came today to do a story about us for their "Call 6 Saves You Money" segment. They did a story a couple of weeks ago about a Black Friday website and did a really good job with it. So I am optimistic that we might get some good exposure from our interview.

We've only been in the newspaper once before and it was just a small town thing. So this is big, big, big for us!!
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    Hi Tricia,

This is a great news! Congrats!

Ayako

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats Tricia - hope you receive tons of new traffic!

Naaaahce! Right time of the year too.

Congratulations, Tricia!!

Geno

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Congratz!!! You should see some free traffic coming through.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    WTG Tricia!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

How exciting! Congrats!

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    That's awesome! Did they say how they came across your site? Good luck knocking the segment out of the park

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    That's wonderful.

Congrats.

Congratulation! Did they tell you what day it would be on? I need to set my dvr
    KK

Cool

Good for you! Keep it up
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I had contacted them back in August about our site and pitched a Back to School shopping segment. They thought it would be great and we went back and forth a couple of times but it never came to fruition. After Lisa's encouragement during the PR round table at Think Tank, I contacted them again to see if they wanted to do it for the Holidays. They immediately responded and set something up. Interestingly, they said that they generally search online to find sites like mine to do stories on and had no idea that there was one with a local connection, which made it all the more interesting for them. So it was a good lesson in being persistent and just trying to make contacts.

Kristen--It's supposed to be on Thursday at noon and 5pm. Hopefully they don't move it because I've been telling the world. LOL!

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Tricia,

I love seeing terrific things happen to truly deserving people! Congratulations to you and your team!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Tricia, what is the call letters of the station? I think WISH-TV is part of a group that owns a station in Dayton. I've seen lots of cross market stories from WISH rebroadcast here.
    They might syndicate the story to their other markets if it's a station that is part of a broadcast company.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    Tricia, what is the call letters of the station? I think WISH-TV is part of a group that owns a station in Dayton. I've seen lots of cross market stories from WISH rebroadcast here.
    They might syndicate the story to their other markets if it's a station that is part of a broadcast company.
    Darn! It was WRTV. But now I know which other station to try to hit as well.

It looks like they may be part of Cox Broadcasting, which is one of the larger companies. James Cox started the company in the early 1900's as a local newspaper in Dayton. They do have a channel here as well as many around the country in some pretty big markets. http://www.theindychannel.com/ib/index.html

Do a little 'fattery' marketing with your contact there. After it airs, call to tell them how many more visits you received. Ask if they plan on providing the segment to other markets. 'You'd like to know just so you can prepare for the increased traffic they are able to drive due to their incredibly powerful brand'... something fluffy like that. You never know what may happen.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Hey, that's awesome. Congrats on a sure traffic booster!
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Congrats on the news story! Are you going to upload it to YouTube after it airs? I'm sure many of us would love to see it, not to mention it's another great way to boost even more traffic for your site.

Congrats, this is awesome! Do they have their own website where the piece will be posted?
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

They do post video on their website, so hopefully they will put the piece up there themselves. We also have someone recording it for us so that we can put it up on YouTube and our videoblog. Now I'm just hoping after all of this build up that it is good. LOL!

Congrats Tricia!

Here's my lesson from the school of hard knocks: Be absolutely sure and certain you prepare your host and make sure your server can take a tremendous spike in traffic. We had one PR event that brought in well over 100 times our usual traffic. We exceeded on our server bandwidth within a few hours - which automatically generated a "server down" or something like that message. Thousands of people couldn't get to the site. Sent my webmaster emails about our incompetence, etc. Took a few hours to get the site back up, but in the meantime we lost out on thousands of new customers due to poor planning on my part.

So my two cents are always be prepared to handle a DELUGE of traffic when you've got a big publicity event happening.

Congrats again. Let us know how it works out.
    [I]Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.[/I] -Galatians 6:9

Quote Originally Posted by Working Mom
    Congrats Tricia!

Here's my lesson from the school of hard knocks: Be absolutely sure and certain you prepare your host and make sure your server can take a tremendous spike in traffic. We had one PR event that brought in well over 100 times our usual traffic. We exceeded on our server bandwidth within a few hours - which automatically generated a "server down" or something like that message. Thousands of people couldn't get to the site. Sent my webmaster emails about our incompetence, etc. Took a few hours to get the site back up, but in the meantime we lost out on thousands of new customers due to poor planning on my part.

So my two cents are always be prepared to handle a DELUGE of traffic when you've got a big publicity event happening.

Congrats again. Let us know how it works out.
    Oh my gosh. If we got enough traffic from this to crash our servers, I think I would have to send that anchor guy flowers or something. LOL! But you are right. I need to think optimistically that this could be really major for us and at a minimum have our tech guy standing by to make any changes necessary.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Mom

Here's my lesson from the school of hard knocks: Be absolutely sure and certain you prepare your host and make sure your server can take a tremendous spike in traffic. We had one PR event that brought in well over 100 times our usual traffic. We exceeded on our server bandwidth within a few hours - which automatically generated a "server down" or something like that message. Thousands of people couldn't get to the site.
    Wow, good advice! Thank you for sharing this gem, Working Mom!

Tricia - you're on this, right?!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    Congratulations Tricia! This is fantastic news! I'm so happy for you - I hope you do need some extra "server power" when it airs :-)
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast