How do you make any money on this?
    I am listing some books in Amazon for sale. I was thinking about charging 10 or so per book. But then I see other people selling the same book for $0.99. Considering you only get $3.99 for shipping and Amazon is going to take $3+ how the heck are these people making any money?
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I suspect many of those 0.99 cent items are lead in / teaser items. Come-ons to recruit customers who then spend long term dollars with them. But I'd be interested in hearing from Amazoners who have experience with this. We have a new product that we are considering putting up on Amazon, but like you, I see the same kind of thing on Amazon, so I'd be curious too.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Some sell books for as little as $0.01. I think there's about $0.60 profit built into the shipping costs. It's pretty low-margin, but presumably professional sellers can make up for it in volume.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Interesting. That would have to be a helluva lot of volume to make $0.60 worth it.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteryFuelPatrick
    Interesting. That would have to be a helluva lot of volume to make $0.60 worth it.
    but what is a mailing list full of known buyers worth?

20 or 30 cents..

Yes, you can make a little on the postage & packing if you are efficient. Mrs Moo does it sometimes just to clear stuff out that we don't need.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread