HotMovieSale.com Direct Competiton
    On their site they have this in a yellow tab under their site nav:
    Special discount for you! Buy now and save $5 plus get free shipping! Learn More

Goes to a popup that says this:

Your first time order on HotMovieSale.com entitles you to a $5.00 discount and free shipping on the first in-stock item that you purchase, plus you’ll receive a free 7-day trial membership with SmartSavingsCenter, where you can enjoy big discounts everyday!

http://www.smartsavingscenter.com/

Sending my shoppers to a competitor. And why would people pay to get coupons they can get free online at any coupon site?

Outsourced Program Manager Ronald Marva - SEOP's Avatar
    I see your point. This is an ill-advised move. Why would they place a link that would compete with coupon publishers who had been providing them traffic for some time already? In the first place, other leading brand names are on the list but I dont see links from their site to this discount membership site.

Besides, why would this membership 'site' charge $29 every month for coupons? This would work for brick and mortar stores, but - online?! I doubt it. I would prefer to get discounts from coupon sites!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Marva
    I see your point. This is an ill-advised move. Why would they place a link that would compete with coupon publishers who had been providing them traffic for some time already? In the first place, other leading brand names are on the list but I dont see links from their site to this discount membership site.

Besides, why would this membership 'site' charge $29 every month for coupons? This would work for brick and mortar stores, but - online?! I doubt it. I would prefer to get discounts from coupon sites!
    Sadly, a lot of people get duped and do not realize that they are paying for coupons that are free online. They think that if something is free, there has to be a catch. So sometimes they trust the $29 site more than the free coupon sites. I've been on a bit of a crusade to change people's thinking about that.

Thanks for the post on this, Connie. I just saw the program launch and hadn't had a chance to check out the site yet.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread