Is google base stuck?
    Our product feeds got sucked up this morning at 6am PST as usual. But they have been sitting in 'Processing' mode all day. Anybody else having issues?
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

http and a telephoto
    Yes, there is a processing delay of up to 48 hours, and then once the feed is processed it's taking up to another 48 hours for the products to appear.

I imagine the volume of feeds being submitted is pretty high.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Ours usually gets processed within hours - like an hour or two after uploading. And it has been going that way for awhile. This current delay is very odd for our feed.

Just odd - maybe we were lucky before.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

http and a telephoto
    Yes it is a problem that is recent, doesn't matter if you had feeds go up quickly before or not.
    Deborah Carney

Our most recent feeds took about 24 hours processing and another half day to become searchable. It also depends on how many items are in your feed. I've begun splitting them up to avoid everything being out of the loop at once and they tend to update a little quicker.

And I suspect that Google is being overrun with feeds right now.

X

Thanks Ed & Lox. Our feed is divided into 4 and even then each one is pretty large. I'll be patient - but I wonder if I should be switching to once a week and not once a day.
    ---
    ---

http and a telephoto
    I'd go to every other day at the most, maybe once a week. If it's time to load the next one before the last one goes up.... you are going to get behind anyway....
    Deborah Carney

I go once a month. Otherwise they'd be out of the loop way too often. I create new feeds whenever I add new products.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Byerly
    I go once a month. Otherwise they'd be out of the loop way too often. I create new feeds whenever I add new products.
    me too. Is there some benefit to uploading daily or every other day?
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

http and a telephoto
    If your feed changes much there is. I am going to be loading probably twice a week over the next couple of weeks as we are adding a lot of new prints. If I try to do it daily though I will most likely fall over my prior feeds and I don't want to be deleting too many that are waiting processing and get the system confused
    Deborah Carney

Strange thing, today all our products moved to Inactive items with a status of Disapproved. Now I see that our current feeds are Processing without being uploading, and I have no schedules set currently. It's like GB cleared and is reloading feeds. Anyone else see this happening? After the fiasco I had with getting back in GB's good graces I'm kind of paranoid...

X

http and a telephoto
    After reading your post I went and checked and all our products *are* in Google Base, but the admin says there are no products active and that the feed from November 14th is processing. This is obviously incorrect, it actually looks like they uploaded a backup of some kind.

Will be watching to make sure the products stay live. Hope to load a new feed tomorrow morning anyway, maybe it will be easier to get things in tomorrow when everyone is busy doing other things
    Deborah Carney

Thanks Debbie. That confirms that something out of the ordinary is going on. My account was in a disapproved state earlier this month. After five emails back and fourth with support it was finally approved again for submitting. I bet I'll have to go through all that again now.
    On another note, this latest episode was that catalyst to motivate me into the PPC world. I set up a landing page for some specific products that we sell and set up the campaign. The traffic started rolling in right away, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. If this proves successful I'll set one up for some of our affiliate products.

X

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread