Google's Merchant Minimums
    Hi All,

I am just curious if anyone else out there from the merchant side has had any issues with the Google Affiliate Network's monthly minimums? The program we started running with them is a relatively new one, and the only traffic we have received from Google has been fraudulent. That being said, the minimums are taking a toll. We have been aggressively recruiting through the network, and complied with all of the suggestions from Google. While we can go ahead and terminate, we still will be out a a significant sum. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

-Mike

I would be more concerned about the reason for attracting fraudulent traffic than I would about G's minimums...

X

Of course we are concerned about the fraudulent traffic, but I do not want to get into that conversation here- God forbid I say anything bad about the affiliate that drove it...

Why not, no one's above honesty and ethics...

X

Additionally, you're correct in one respect. There are rules in place that prohibit publicly divulging certain information about other members.

X

Outsourced Program Manager Ronald Marva - SEOP's Avatar
    Most large networks are charging monthly minimums. But all would be willing to negotiate. Try to discuss possiblities with GAN.

Not all programs are created equal - for many, you have to face reality, move on and 'lick your wounds'. You are in the best position to judge if you can still recoup your losses. But since you said your program is a new one, it does take time for some programs to get desired attention. I would suggest you re-evaluate your campaigns and see how you can get noticed by the right affiliates who would put up your links where you can get conversion. Take time to see if your joined affiliates are placing your links.

BTW, what product are promoting?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread