Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Merchant Program Review
    I was reading this thread and thinking both what Boomers said - what is it about this program that attracts fraudulent affiliates/transactions, and also conversely, why does it not attract real affiliates and generate sales?

I then looked to see if the OP has a link to his "homepage", but he did not, and I thought, what a waste, I'd like to investigate further.

My suggestion - a merchant program review sub-forum, similar to the site review sub-forum, where affiliates could look at struggling affiliate programs, and not review the merchant site alone, but the site and the program in context, and make suggestions to improve the program, to interest more members and generate more affiliate sales.

I realize that this could be considered by some to be free advertising, and in that regard it may be a bad idea, but my intent in proposing this is not to generate new members for successful merchant programs, but rather to help improve poor programs that repel rather than attract affiliates, where advertising only serves to display the merchant and the merchant program's failings (like with one today, that I commented on that appears to pay commissions only for generating traffic to a free offer, but not for driving actual sales).

Just a thought.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I think this is an idea that's worth knocking around a little bit.

X

Me, too. Think it could prove to be very helpful to all concerned.

http and a telephoto
    I think it would be abused, but if there is a way to put controls on it, maybe even require payment (just to keep out the spammers), or a number of posts before you can post for a review.

I am all for educating merchants, I do it all the time and having somewhere to send them for back up to what I have told them would be great.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I think it would be abused, but if there is a way to put controls on it, maybe even require payment (just to keep out the spammers), or a number of posts before you can post for a review.
    I agree. As I thought more about it after posting this, I was thinking a "locked" forum, as I imagine the paid advertising forum is set up, with the right to post given only after the adm or a mod reviews the program and verifies it fits certain criteria for a struggling program and is not a Walmart or Overstock just looking for new affiliates.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Coming from a merchant point, I think this is a good idea that should be implemented.

I think both parties would benefit. I will listen to improvements and implement them, making a better program.

Affiliates would see the program evolve to a more "custom" nature with their input as part of the evolution.

Abuse could be a factor so...

charge a fee for posting, but not the $75, because then it would be the advertisement section.

maybe charge $10, but don't bump the topic up with every reply.

This way many merchants would want to post. ( and because it is geared towards review and adjustment...newer and struggling programs that might not want to pay $75 at the moment...would want to post )

If their topic remains popular, either affiliates will have to search for it in the forum, or the merchant can pay another $10 to move it to the top.

It's a way to do it. And make money for ABW. It could be popular.

* just as a side note my program is not struggling and we are in the Advertisement section. lol. I had to verify it.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    aarf, excellent idea. As an OPM/AM there are some programs I manage that limit my ability to maximize the program. I try to make sure it is competitive and offer affiliates what they want. Would love to know from an affiliates perspective why they aren't interested in a program.

As long as affiliates are pitching the merchant to be reviewed I think this can be done in an open forum. We can see newbies propose from the same IP as the merchant. Let's do it!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread