Is there some way to filter specific IP address from statistics?
    Does anyone know if there is some way to filter specific IP address from statistics similar to what you can do with filters in Google Analytics so that those hits/impressions/leads/etc. are not counted? This would help when I am testing links for specific banners on my websites which I may do from different locations at times.

No Longer Banned!
    Thumbs up Ban The Bastards Once and For All ?....
    Quote Originally Posted by rikahsdesign
    Does anyone know if there is some way to filter specific IP address from statistics similar to what you can do with filters in Google Analytics so that those hits/impressions/leads/etc. are not counted? This would help when I am testing links for specific banners on my websites which I may do from different locations at times.
    Rika

Yes there is. I do it all the time.

Basically you will need mySQL or Apache {I think Apache anyway} to do this.

MySQL 5 DataBase has several tools to allow you to filter the parasites out of the water.

My question to you is do you run your own server and if not, who hosts you ?

A place like icdSoft or Rolet Services will likely provide this service while Yahoo! likley will not.

I use DreamLinux MMGL and Apache with clamAV and ShoreWall on my servers and run icdSoft for my temporary host.

All my new sites forth coming will be on DreamLinux DE 3.5 courtesy of Nelson Gomes Silva {the guy that wrote DreamLinux}. Go Nelson !

The tricky thing about an ip ban is that the scumbags can rejoin via a different ip. Many use bots and have tools to defeat the captcha {If you use those at all ~ Many don't} so you will ne additional software at times depending on your app. to keep them away.

The best thing to do is to go to the phpBB Forum {I am a member here} and read up on the tips to do this. ABW is the Best AFILLIATE MARKETING Forum but is lacking in the ip ban department. {Unless you call Haiko bad names or talk about cloning}. Then he will ban you.

I can help you some here, please let me know what I can do to assist.

If need be I will get my man to go after them. He is viscious. All help is free.

I genuinely hope this helps.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; November 21st, 2008 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Texas Spelling Spree... Beachy Help !!....
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Somehow, I think Steve missed an important [implied] part of the question... Since you posted in the CJ forum, you're probably wanting to do this with your CJ stats, not your server stats.

No, CJ doesn't have any feature like that. I don't know of any network that does.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, rambling on and on about ip banning scumbags. Dances to a different beat

You make me smile Julian. If someone gets their IP Banned that would make them a little crooked somehow correct?
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

You're right Michael. I wasn't talking about blocking abuse. Someone must not be running Analytics. The rant about ultra server configs seems to be the work of a Network Admin Ninja. Leaving all remotely hosted amatuers like me sliced into a thousand pieces. Quick send in the forces!! Just kidding. Thanks to all.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread