15 years and counting
    A few questions
    Larry,

1-Primary Link
    Not all the merchants have "Primary Link" going to their home page. It was one of Performics features I liked. I hate to go thru several pages of links not knowing which one will not be updated (and not tracking in time). To have a "Primary Link" available as the first link is a big plus.

2-Pictures
    The pictures (banners) are still not showing for all merchants when you click on the + under the picture. I noticed also for some merchants it works for a few pictures and not all. I'm using IE7 with Vista. It's frustrating.

3-OneCause
    a-) What's the status of this affiliate stealing commissions from Merchants and Affiliates. See http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=112872
    Are they deactivated or are you allowing them to take advantage of everybody during Q4.
    b-)What's the position of Google regarding loyalty affiliates using toolbars? Is Google protecting their affiliates and merchants, or not?

Glad to see you're getting so many new merchants. Before joining them I'll like to know how GAN is going to fix the few problems listed, thanks.

Zeus, if you don't mind I'd like to add an additional request regarding banners.

Please go back to showing multiple banners at the same time. The requirement to click on creatives one at a time to view them is very time consuming and doesn't allow for a comparison since only one can be displayed at a time.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

15 years and counting
    No problem, rematt.
    I'll like to add also an other question regarding the Links Management Center

In the view/get links section. How do you get the promotions?
    You don't expect us to click on each and every link to check IF a promotion is available. First, it's taking FOR EVER to load, then is awkward, and most are empty anyway. You could find a much better way to show us a promotion.

Promotions - Narrow Results
    Buy x Get x
    Coupon
    Dollar Off
    Free Gift
    Free Gift Wrap
    Free Shipping
    Ongoing Promotion
    Percent Off
    Product Promotion
    Sale
    Sweepstakes

These are some of the reasons GAN is a "backburnered" network for me. The process of getting links is just too cumbersome. I see new merchants coming on board every week that would fit nicely with my sites but I know that getting, using and maintaining the creatives is not even close to other networks. I often wonder if merchants don't care (or just don't know) what stumbling blocks are in the promotion path. I think it's *G*s way of trying to force us to use AdWords.

Cj and shareasale are the only large networks that I can pick up promotions with little or no hassle. But on CJ I still sometimes get offers that expired last year or earlier.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Larry,

1-Primary Link
    Not all the merchants have "Primary Link" going to their home page. It was one of Performics features I liked. I hate to go thru several pages of links not knowing which one will not be updated (and not tracking in time). To have a "Primary Link" available as the first link is a big plus.
    I can relay the information, but it's really up to the advertiser if they choose to change the destination of the link. If you can let me know who it was, I'll ask the program manager why they changed it, its possible they did it inadvertently.

2-Pictures
    The pictures (banners) are still not showing for all merchants when you click on the + under the picture. I noticed also for some merchants it works for a few pictures and not all. I'm using IE7 with Vista. It's frustrating.
    Send a specific example to affiliatesupport at google.com - can't debug a problem with no information.

3-OneCause
    a-) What's the status of this affiliate stealing commissions from Merchants and Affiliates. See http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=112872
    Are they deactivated or are you allowing them to take advantage of everybody during Q4.
    b-)What's the position of Google regarding loyalty affiliates using toolbars? Is Google protecting their affiliates and merchants, or not?

Glad to see you're getting so many new merchants. Before joining them I'll like to know how GAN is going to fix the few problems listed, thanks.
    OneCause is an affiliate in our network; there are other loyalty publishers in our network that use toolbars. All of these applications have been subjected to a screening process that ensures that the software: provides disclosure during install, clear and simple uninstall procedures, and does not activate an overlay when an affiliate link (either a network link or afsrc=1 link) is observed during the session. However, this type of software often updates itself after initial release. I believe this was the case with OneCause; that is these "bugs" were introduced during a software update. When we were made aware of the problem we verified that their toolbar was not disabling itself when other affiliate sites were visited, and we subsequently verified that they did fix that bug.

We will continue to monitor boards/blogs/etc. and will investigate any claim of improper/misleading behavior by any of our publishers. If you see a problem, report it and we'll look into it.

We respect the decision of those that choose not to work with advertisers who have a relationship with a loyalty/toolbar publisher and with advertisers that choose not to work with loyalty publishers. I view our job is to present all the facts and let our advertisers and publishers make informed decisions about the relationships they establish in our system. Some of advertisers love loyalty publishers (toolbars and all), some opt out of toolbars but still work with loyalty publishers via their web sites, and some won't work with them under any circumstance.

-larry

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by l_adams
    OneCause is an affiliate in our network; there are other loyalty publishers in our network that use toolbars. All of these applications have been subjected to a screening process that ensures that the software: provides disclosure during install, clear and simple uninstall procedures, and does not activate an overlay when an affiliate link (either a network link or afsrc=1 link) is observed during the session. However, this type of software often updates itself after initial release. I believe this was the case with OneCause; that is these "bugs" were introduced during a software update. When we were made aware of the problem we verified that their toolbar was not disabling itself when other affiliate sites were visited, and we subsequently verified that they did fix that bug.

We will continue to monitor boards/blogs/etc. and will investigate any claim of improper/misleading behavior by any of our publishers. If you see a problem, report it and we'll look into it.

We respect the decision of those that choose not to work with advertisers who have a relationship with a loyalty/toolbar publisher and with advertisers that choose not to work with loyalty publishers. I view our job is to present all the facts and let our advertisers and publishers make informed decisions about the relationships they establish in our system. Some of advertisers love loyalty publishers (toolbars and all), some opt out of toolbars but still work with loyalty publishers via their web sites, and some won't work with them under any circumstance.

-larry
    Have you read any of this? Or examined Haiko's voluminous proof of onecause's continued disgusting, immoral, and illegal activity?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I agree! Read that link that Affiliate Hound gave you! PLEASE! I know there is a LOT of info there, but Haiko has laid out what the toolbar is doing in black and white!

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Have you read any of this? Or examined Haiko's voluminous proof of onecause's continued disgusting, immoral, and illegal activity?

I'll ask the network quality team to take a look at this thread again on monday and re-run their tests. If their software still is activating when it shouldn't be for our merchants, we'll deal with it.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by l_adams
    I'll ask the network quality team to take a look at this thread again on monday and re-run their tests. If their software still is activating when it shouldn't be for our merchants, we'll deal with it.
    Thank you.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread