Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    AvantLink Screencast Tutorials
    We've started rolling out segments of the AvantLink Screencast Series in the Tutorials category of our network blog. The series includes introductions to the network for both Affiliates and Merchants, as well as detailed segments featuring our tools.

I'm starting with the Affiliate segments first.

I'll update this thread as new segments go live. The blog posts will each include a brief summary as well as a smaller display of the screencasts themselves. You'll see a link on each posts for the larger versions. It's yours truly producing these. Hope I don't sound too goofy

AvantLink Screencasts Series: Intro for Affiliates

Hey Gary,

I clicked the "Avantlink Screencasts Series:Intro for Affiliates" link above. It too me to the blog. When I click on the video in the blog, it seems to want to start, then the video screen goes back to black and my status line says "Waiting for media.avantlink.com ..." and no matter that I wait several minutes -- nothing's happening??

I'm on DSL and usually have no issues with viewing YouTube or downloading? I use FireFox.
    Generate more fake news.

I took me about three different tries of closing the window and re-clicking the link before I could get it to play also.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

Works for me in FF. Took a few clicks on the video screen to start up properly, but it is showing for me.

Geno

OK thanks for the info. We'll look into the hang ups you guys experienced. We're new to all this

When you guys have a chance see if it's working any better. David identified a minor bug that has since been fixed..

Thats Great,
    Worked first try.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    When you guys have a chance see if it's working any better. David identified a minor bug that has since been fixed..
    Gary, I've just tried it on two different computers (FF on one, IE on the other one). Everything works like a charm now.

Geno

AvantLink Screencast Series: Retrieving Ad Types

Hi Gary.

I watched the first two screencasts after you guys got the "bug" fixed and it worked just fine.

BUT -- I've clicked on this current one 5 different times. The screencast starts to display, then there's a loud "click" or more like "clunk" sound from my computer speaker, and the screencast quits and goes dark.

Another bug? It happens with both the display in the blog and with the larger display. I'm using FF 3.0.4
    Generate more fake news.

Hmm I just checked again (after posting earlier) and it's working fine for me...I'm using the same v of Firefox. If anyone else listens, please let us know if the same thing happens that writerguy describes.

I just check this one: AvantLink Screencast (Affiliates): Raw Datafeed Subscriptions and it works fine, but the audio is too low.

In the full sized version, the audio is too low too.

Hmm I just checked again (after posting earlier) and it's working fine for me...I'm using the same v of Firefox. If anyone else listens, please let us know if the same thing happens that writerguy describes.
    Okay, I just tried again today and the same thing happens.

FYI -- The status bar on my FF tab shows "Transferring data from media.avantlink.com ..." long after the screencast has tried to launch then done the "clunk" noise and gone back to a black screen. Does that mean anything that might help?

I just tried to view it in IE 7 and it did exactly the same thing.

Really WOULD like to see these screencasts. I tried the first one again, and it worked as it should -- which, if you see my posts above, the first one was doing something very similar to this second one originally then seemed to be okay after your "bug" fix mentioned above.

But no matter how many times I try the second screencast, I get the "click/clunk" sound when it's starting to open then the black screen.

*sigh* I'm starting to think you guys at Avantlink don't love me any more.
    Generate more fake news.

Me again. I just reinstalled the Adobe Flash player to the newest version 10 -- the version I had was version 9 -- and restarted everything.

Still no luck. Just keeps trying to start, and as soon as the little line on the bottom of the video player loads all the way across and shows the "7:07" time length of the video, it does that "click/clunk" noise and goes dark.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Me again. I just reinstalled the Adobe Flash player to the newest version 10 -- the version I had was version 9 -- and restarted everything.

Still no luck. Just keeps trying to start, and as soon as the little line on the bottom of the video player loads all the way across and shows the "7:07" time length of the video, it does that "click/clunk" noise and goes dark.
    Sounds to me like you tore it up writerguy.

It was working fine until you went to it in the second post in this thread.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I just chatted with Scott about this. These are encoded for a 512MB connection, so if you're using a slower connection that would explain things.

BTW, I'm at a coffee shop as we lost Internet service in our canyon today...and I was having issues here as well. I checked speakeasy.net/speedtest from here and I'm only around 300MB connection.

Mr. Sal. I know that on some of my first screencasts in this series, it's harder to hear me. I speak up and get a little better at it, though..as I go

GM

I just chatted with Scott about this. These are encoded for a 512MB connection, so if you're using a slower connection that would explain things.

BTW, I'm at a coffee shop as we lost Internet service in our canyon today...and I was having issues here as well. I checked speakeasy.net/speedtest from here and I'm only around 300MB connection.

Mr. Sal. I know that on some of my first screencasts in this series, it's harder to hear me. I speak up and get a little better at it, though..as I go

GM
    Hey, Gary, I just went to that test site. I'm getting download speeds between 1319 and 1356, so that shouldn't be an issue for me.

I just tried the video again and it's still doing the same thing??

Is there any other link or any way I could get to this video? Is it on YouTube? I would guess not.

Is there a link I could go to to download the video itself and try it on my computer?

I'm very interested in using the raw datafeed of a couple of your merchants on a couple of my websites. But I suppose I can figure that out. Just would really like to see this video.

IT'S BECOMING AN OBSESSION, I TELL YA!!!!!
    Generate more fake news.

I can work on getting them up on YouTube as well. GM

Thanks for all your help, Gary. If you get a chance to put them on YouTube, please update us with the necessary link(s)!

I remain puzzled about why I can still watch the first one in the series -- and your screencasts about Avantlink affiliates -- but I can't get this Raw Datafeed one to work.

Ah, well. Maybe BurgerBoy's right. Maybe I broke something. (That would explain this throbbing pain I have in ...)
    Generate more fake news.

Sure, I'll keep ya posted.

Gary, could you try again and let us know how you make out? The guys over here have been further optimizing these things. Sorry you had some trouble before.

BTW I'll still work on getting them up on YouTube as well, but that will take me a week or two.

Gary, could you try again and let us know how you make out? The guys over here have been further optimizing these things. Sorry you had some trouble before.

BTW I'll still work on getting them up on YouTube as well, but that will take me a week or two.
    Nope. Still no luck. The screencast starts displaying an image, the little time bar (? don't know the name for it) below the onscreen video player shoots across to the running time, 7:07, then the screen clicks dark.
    Generate more fake news.

I had no trouble at all viewing it both ways and I can never watch youtube stuff unless I go in at 2 am. (right!) VOIP and streaming media are out for satellite connections. They work, but not the way they're supposed to. That's why I was surprised to be able to view the screencasts with no problems.
    Maybe some settings? Are you on Norton? Did you say "Symantec May I?"

Or if he's using vista, the system needs your permission to continue. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast