Is pepperjam running some sort of blog campaign?
    I have several different google alerts set up in my rss reader. When I woke up this morning I was bombarded with what seems to be a sudden pepperjam blogging onslaught, all blog posts posted between yeterday and today (this morning at least), all containing the same buzz words, and all with the same keywords linked out to pepperjam's website.

To the average person running across just one of these blogs/posts, it might seem appealing. When someone like me sees them all at one time it makes me think something is up. Not sure if it's a "you blog about us you get X" or what, just curious.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Checkout payperpost.com

i do not think there is anything wrong with it but depending on how it was handled or executed. We are being paid after the transaction, bloggers are being paid one way or another. If PJ does it to let blogger post but not say "PJ rocks" or "it is the best", then i can deal with that.
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

15 years and counting
    Pepperjam Network offers a PayPerPost-like incentive program where any PJN publisher / blogger will receive $10 for each post you make (up to 5 per month) that promotes Pepperjam Network or any Pepperjam Network tool.
    mobilebadboy - When someone like me sees them all at one time it makes me think something is up
    It's Pepperjam way to twist the truth. It's not helping their credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    PayPerPost-like incentive program
    It is not like, they are on pay per post.

15 years and counting
    They have their own competing system OUT of Pay Per Post. With their own "affiliate" links and direct payment by PepperJam. Taking a business model from others to make it their own, Pepperjam knows how to do that.
    I'm not astonished if they are on Pay Per Post, too.

An attempt to bump down some of the high ranking sites that don't kiss thier posterior.

That's the major problem today with G get a bunch of blogger to spam away and they can erase real sites from the front page with paid bullpucky of sunshine and lollipops!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

15 years and counting
    Just wait for Matt Cutts to discover what they are doing.

Yeah, it is paid.. but how i think it is OK if it is not forced or the sponsor to directly ask bloggers to push out the lollipops and honey coated apples.

What difference does it make if HP sponsors HardWaregeek's site with monetary or product or travel expenses? Or if I get paid for running a review site by a merchant? it is no different than PCweek getting a sponsorship for doing a dell review.

It goes back to either Dell said, I want a positive review or in the PJ case, I want a positive buzz..

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Just wait for Matt Cutts to discover what they are doing.
    what is matt going to do.
    Payper post or the model of paid blogging existed for 3-4 years, easily..

15 years and counting
    Google don't like paid links or any SE manipulations.
    "Selling links muddies the quality of link-based reputation and makes it harder for many search engines (not just Google) to return relevant results."
    http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/text-links-and-pagerank/
    Last year, all the sites selling paid links were downgraded and their page rank took a dive. Including PaidPerLink and their bloggers as well as well known cies selling links.
    http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=66736
    PayPerPost Bloggers Get Slammed By Google:
    http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/11/16...med-by-google/

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by ske9963
    what is matt going to do.
    Payper post or the model of paid blogging existed for 3-4 years, easily..
    The post from Matt Cutts is dated September 1, 2005. Ted Murphy started his business model clearly in violation of Google Guidelines.
    Jason Calacanis, well known for whose attending the affiliate summit, was already giving his opinion in 2006 "another idiot tries to “revolutionize” marketing by paying people off to shill for a company."
    http://calacanis.com/2006/06/30/payp...upid-and-evil/
    So it's nothing new. Google is determined to slap every publisher and advertiser who takes part in any sort of paid link activities and tries to manipulate the Google Pagerank technology, including cies like Text Link Ads and PayPerPost
    Well known bloggers lost their traffic overnight. It hurts.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I think paid posting is completely fine - as long as the poster doesn't promote something they actually think sucks.

Since all I've seen of Pepperjam does just that (sucks), I don't foresee me putting their ads/posts on my blog.

15 years and counting
    I've nothing against being paid to blog (as long as you're honest) Isn't it what we're doing as affiliate? I signed up as one of the first 10 advertisers on PayPerPost (and I got caught by Google) Don't do the same mistake even if you like what you're promoting.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread