Exclamation Check Your dealdatabase2 Results...
    Check your dealdatabase2.xml results, because there is something breaking the load script...

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: http :// www. shareasale.com/dealdatabase2.xml:631: parser error : PCDATA invalid Char value 29 in /home/...

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: The First 10 Notebook to feature intel atom cpu in /home/...

ETC, etc..
    I think the error is coming from this merchant "Mwave" deal, because there is where my cron script abort...

It could be something else, but this is the first time my cron fail, and it does it after that The First 10 Notebook to feature intel atom cpu in /home/...

Btw, I don't have that merchant on my site, but since it still is on the dealdatabase2.xml feed before I filter my merchants, I don't know for sure, if that's the one breaking the script...

My cron failed too. When I tried to load the XML file through a browser I get a blank page. http://www.shareasale.com/dealdatabase2.xml is not working. It failed at 4:30am and is still not working.

I'm still getting errors.. One of my sites has had no deals/coupons posted all day.. No wonder sales stink..

At least I'm just one person.. For the merchants, this has to really stink!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    There was a bad character in there causing some RSS readers/scripts to have problems with the feed. We've removed the bad character and the feed should be good at this point again. Sorry for the problem - we will look into how the character got there....
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Sweet! I'm updated now. Thanks Brian

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    There was a bad character in there causing some RSS readers/scripts to have problems with the feed. We've removed the bad character and the feed should be good at this point again. Sorry for the problem - we will look into how the character got there....
    This is another good thing about Shareasale, even on a Saturday night, Brian would see if they can fix a problem that show up on the weekend, and even if only three affiliates have mentioned the problem.

Btw, I don't know if that was the only bug causing the problem, but now I see that this line: The First 10 Notebook, no longer have that  thing in there, and everything works fine.

Thanks Brian!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread