Installing Golden Can PHP Code into Word Press
    I have downloaded and unzipped the PHP widgets for Wordpress but have had no success in getting PHP to work on my Word Press blog.

Anyone have success with this?

What about ASP?

How did you get it to work. Please be specific, I'm a bit of a newbie!!

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanDazzlingDeals
    I have downloaded and unzipped the PHP widgets for Wordpress but have had no success in getting PHP to work on my Word Press blog.
    I would be interested in this bit of information also.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

PHP Code in Word Press
    Hi All,

I was determined last night to make this thing work so I finally found this solution. I had downloaded a couple other PHP plugins, but they didn't work for me.

I finally found EXEC-PHP plugin for Wordpress. Just download it, unzip it and then put it in your Plug In files.

All you need to do is make sure you are in html mode when you enter the PHP and they encapsulate the PHP code in <PHP CODE> what Golden Can gives you</PHP CODE)

Yes, its that easy. The main problem I found was that the other plugins I had used apparently weren't compatible with the PHP in Golden Can. Once you figure out how easy it is, you'll love it!!!!!

But sadly the servers at Golden Can appear to be down, hence my links are all broken. Why does this happen at this time of the year?????

Take Care,
    Jan

Tax Paying Member
    Thanks.
    I will give it a try.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by JanDazzlingDeals
    Hi All,

I was determined last night to make this thing work so I finally found this solution. I had downloaded a couple other PHP plugins, but they didn't work for me.

I finally found EXEC-PHP plugin for Wordpress. Just download it, unzip it and then put it in your Plug In files.

All you need to do is make sure you are in html mode when you enter the PHP and they encapsulate the PHP code in <PHP CODE> what Golden Can gives you</PHP CODE)

Yes, its that easy. The main problem I found was that the other plugins I had used apparently weren't compatible with the PHP in Golden Can. Once you figure out how easy it is, you'll love it!!!!!

But sadly the servers at Golden Can appear to be down, hence my links are all broken. Why does this happen at this time of the year?????

Take Care,
    Jan
    Do some searches. I've been "singing the praises" of the exec-php plugin for some time around here.

It generally will solve any issues you have running PHP in WP -- BUT -- If you look around the GoldenCAN forum, you'll see that there have been some problems running GC's GetData PHP with some WP installs even with exec-php.

If you find that to be the case, there's a plugin called scriptenabler, which you can find in this ABW thread. Look at post #9 by loxly in that thread. I downloaded that zip file, installed it, and found it works with a variety of scripts in WP besides just javascript.
    Generate more fake news.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread