Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Squidoo and CJ PIDs
    I've recently started with Squidoo lenses, but until now, my links have all been with SAS. There are now a couple I want to build using CJ links, but how do you handle the PID? You can't possibly add each Squid lens URL as a separate site URL with its own PID, can you? Do you add one lens as a site URL and use that for all your lenses? Or, do you just use one of your existing PIDs?

Some input on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

existing pid

I, too, am just giving Squidoo a serious whirl. (Goal -- Build three lenses per week until the end of the year, then try for five a week. LOL!)

I haven't yet used CJ links, but I would probably just make one PID for squidoo and use it on all my lenses. There's probably a better way, but I haven't really looked into it.
    Generate more fake news.

Mine are mostly all AL and SAS but I did have some a while back from CJ. Don't have em any longer cos they're another bear merchant I lost from there. Can't for the life of me remember where I found it at CJ but I understood at the time that I could use any of my links and it would be ok.

"You can't possibly add each Squid lens URL as a separate site URL with its own PID, can you?"

Not sure if that would be ok to do if ya wanna do that or not. Had thought about it but then I thought hmmm Seth ...ooops probably should be referring to him as Mr. Godin....I don't personally know him so he may not like me referring to him by his first name and certainly don't wanna show any disrespect to him by doin so. Guess I could refer to him as Mr. Squidoo or maybe Daddy Squidoo or Father Squidoo....or maybe the Top Squid or Mr. Big Squidoo lol ok, will stop bein silly. Anyway I thought that I didn't own that domain so I shouldn't use that url. So, I didn't.

So, I didn't make mention of any Squidoo and just used the pid where I had the most links for that merchant (for that one, was actually just one)

Don't know for sure if there are any rules regarding Squidoo or not, that was just my understanding at the time. Umm...knowing me tho it wouldn't be the first time if I misunderstood tho. lol

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I suggest just making on Squidoo lens PID and use it for all unless you want to track each then make one each.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Anyway I thought that I didn't own that domain so I shouldn't use that url. So, I didn't.
    This concerns me.

The vote so far is 2 for existing PID and 2 for a single new Squidoo PID, but, is that proper if you really do not own the URL, but are in effect granted a license to use a Squidoo sub domain?

And thanks to everyone who has responded so far.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    I think it would be fine if you just named one "site" as Squidoo lenses and put some info in the description what you're doing. If you wanted to you could also put Squidoo Lenses in the Site Name space and in the Site Url space put a link to one of your sites where you lists all your lenses. I have a newsletter and not all merchants had it where I could put a sid on the links, so years ago I asked Todd if I can just name one as My Site Newsletter, so when I make a newsletter and I use that "site" and if I get a sale from the newletter, it's very easy to see because it'll say that sale came from site Newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I think it would be fine if you just named one "site" as Squidoo lenses and put some info in the description what you're doing. If you wanted to you could also put Squidoo Lenses in the Site Name space and in the Site Url space put a link to one of your sites where you lists all your lenses. I have a newsletter and not all merchants had it where I could put a sid on the links, so years ago I asked Todd if I can just name one as My Site Newsletter, so when I make a newsletter and I use that "site" and if I get a sale from the newletter, it's very easy to see because it'll say that sale came from site Newsletter.
    Thanks, Trust, I just set it up that way.
    And thanks again to everyone else who responded.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread