As a SEO for an online software company, I decided it's about time I join the affiliate game with the rest of you and build my OWN sites.

Well, so far I have about 7 mini sites up most are doing decent so far (as far as rankings) and I had them listed 3 days after making them (in Google).

Here is a tip, if your site is linked FROM another site with a page rank of 7, (it spiders this site almost daily) any URL you list on that site will appear in the Google index after only a couple days (and it updates changes within a couple of days also).

What's frustrating is that I am getting NO sales from CJ yet!

1st site
    90 clicks to musicmatch - NO SALES
    26 clicks to Stomp - NO SALES
    2nd Site
    82 clicks to Chumbo - NO SALES
    12 clicks to Dealsonic - NO SALES
    3rd site
    45 clicks to Crucial - NO SALES
    26 clicks to NeoComputer - NO SALES
    4th Site
    26 clicks to Cyberlink - NO SALES
    78 clicks to Ulead - NO SALES

I know it is not a huge number of clicks to each site, but with 385 very TARGETTED total clicks so far and 0 SALES, it is a bit frustrating.

I hope things start to turn around. It just seems strange that out of 385 visitors to various merchants not one resulted in them buying anything.

Oh well, no worries yet. I have many more sites to work on and made some changes to some of the existing sites. Hopefully in a month or two, I will be able to share a SUCCESS story, not a frustrating one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Crucial batch sales so you may find that you have sold something - it just has not been reported yet. Others on your list may do so also.

I would check your merchants to see how they are performing overall in the network. Try to replace the duds with better merchants.

Just hang in there, I am sure sales will start soon, unless all of your merchants are on eBates list of course.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

FWT , I am also a SEO type and i created my first site for CJ like last week ...my site was also in the index in two days , thanks to google freshbot.

Until now i have only 5 sales in 1 week (that too one is a test sale from me !!) with a conversion rate of 0.5%. I think thats ok. When the traffic i expect to come after this update i think i can make it.

The problem with freshbot ranking is it can be achieved only for less competitive terms and it will be changing ever ...A clear picture will be seen only after you site enters the main index in 1 or 2 Big G updates!!!

In your case that too in SW industry 385 clicks is nothing as i beleive conversion will be very less in SW...geeks will research before opening their wallet , man , [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

$> cd /pub
    $> more beer

[This message was edited by rsgopi on November 26, 2002 at 08:37 AM.]

To give you something to compare with:

I have a new site which the last 2-3 weeks has had 50 unique visitors a day. The site has sent 300 click through CJ - resulting in 38 sales (sale price $40-50 per product, commission about $5-6). That's a sale every 8 click.

The same site also unloads some of the visitors to an independant bargain site. It's a very good independant with great bargains not available anywhere else on the net. The bargain products are similiar to the products I am promoting. So far: Over 100 clicks, but not one sale.

The difference between CJ and the independent are:
    - clicks through CJ all comes from product pages with indepth product description, one product per page. The vistors always lands on the merchants buy page
    - clicks to independant merchant are in the format of "also see, great discounts for these kind of products here". No product description. The visitor lands on the merchants front page

Could you tell as anything more about your pages? Do you try to sell products individually, or a bulk of products? What kind of visitors are you getting? Do they search for a "buy" word when they find you, or not?

-- Less is more --

"The problem with freshbot ranking is it can be achieved only for less competitive terms and it will be changing ever ...A clear picture will be seen only after you site enters the main index in 1 or 2 Big G updates!!!"

Speaking of that, do see that sites you our working on increase in rankings after the "big" update from there freshbot ranking?

For example, I have SearchTerm1 that is ranked 10 for a search term that gets (204,000 searches from the overture sug tool). It was listed after a couple days via the freshbot. Have most of your sites increased in ranking after the "big" update as compaired to the "freshbot?"

"...geeks will research before opening their wallet"

Good point.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by FWT:
    What's frustrating is that I am getting NO sales from CJ yet!

26 clicks to NeoComputer - NO SALES

Ahaaaaa,

Found your problem....come to the Tiger [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

--Could you tell as anything more about your pages?

Yes, each page contains product pictures and descriptions and sends them to the product page of the merchant.

--Do you try to sell products individually, or a bulk of products?

I am doing mini sites focused on a certain types of software or hardware (one of the niches I am wokring on among other). Each keyword I am targeting has its own URL. Each site has 5-10 of the most popular products in that niche.

--what kind of visitors are you getting? Do they search for a "buy" word when they find you, or not?

No, they don'e search for a buy word.
    The find us on Google by searching the product description or the main keyword I am targetting (I only target keywords that get a minimum of 10,000 search via the overture sug tool)...

Thanks for the comments so far!

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by FWT:
    "The problem with freshbot ranking is it can be achieved only for less competitive terms and it will be changing ever ...A clear picture will be seen only after you site enters the main index in 1 or 2 Big G updates!!!"

Speaking of that, do see that sites you our working on increase in rankings after the "big" update from there freshbot ranking?

My last site that entered this way went straight to #1 at Google. After the update, it dropped to #10.

BTW, take no notice of Overture suggestion tool. Figures are usually way of (as in 10s to 100s of thousand off). wordtracker is more accurate.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

You can get a clear picture after 2 updates when google will be able to clearly calculate the exact PR and backlinks for the page.

Your ranking at the time depends on the normal G algo.

Also as andy said overture gives way inflated numbers . What i normally do is analyse the numbers in WT , Google and overture and decide on the numbers myself.

The coming update is also my first one after joined CJ (i am from the online gaming world) , i am also eagerly expecting ...

But my biggest problem now is publishers rejecting...it will be frustrating to be rejected after you create a 200 page site for a merchant...
    I guess they are seeing my performance with CJ before approving....but since this is my first month , not much sales [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Todd can you help me in this

$> cd /pub
    $> more beer

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread