How many plan to decorate their web sites with holiday graphics for the Christmas shopping season? When I re-designed my main site, I did so with the intent of making it easy to add graphics, text, etc. via SSI and graphics swapping to the whole site. For instance, "Happy Holidays" above the main menu, changing my logo similar to the way Google does for the holidays, etc.

Now its time to bring out the web decorations, which should be much easier than decorating the outside of my house. I live in the rainy northwest, and have been trying to coerce myself into getting up on the roof and putting up the lights. So far its rained every day this week, but eventually I won't be able to put it off any longer.

I'm starting to agree more and more with the lady that lives across the street from me. She leaves her Christmas lights up all year

Greg

We have to put up the lights before Halloween because it always snows on that day. We used to put up so many lights that local pilots used our house as a point of reference for thir landing approach at the local airport. I was such a chore that I came up with a new way to do it. I pre-strung the lights on long 1x2 strips of cedar and store them in the garage. Then you just hang them up on hooks attached to the roof edge. I can put up 10,000 lights in about 3 hours. They come down really fast and I dont't have to get on the roof. We can't leave them up all year becaue at 5,280 ft altitude the ultraviolet rays from the sun fade the colors within a couple months.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

I think people who leave their Christmas lights up all year long are LAZY! Like nobody notices, huh? Really makes the house and neighborhood look trashy, too.

I also can't stand people who don't even let Thanksgiving pass before turning the lights on! ENOUGH! Show a little consideration by putting up lights fresh each year. Seeing the same burned out bulbs, year after year, is tacky.

As Jeff Foxworthy says, "You might be a redneck if..."

Andy

**DISCLAIMER: No offense meant to any person or persons who might perceive they fall under the category of the slang term "redneck". Take it out on Jeff Foxworthy!**

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How many plan to decorate their web sites with holiday graphics for the Christmas shopping season <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll probably do some of my sites, but I'm not sure just what to put up...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think people who leave their Christmas lights up all year long are LAZY! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'est la vie

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

I put of my cyber christmas lights up a month ago. No Santa's, just a snowman with my logo, some snowflakes in the menu background, all things that can be changed with SSI in a matter of minutes.

As for Real Life, Lights will go up on the house friday or Saturday. I would probably do it do it tomorrow after the "meal" at the inlaws and while hubby is watching football, but we're expecting thunder storms. The tree goes up tomorrow, rain or shine. I already have the ornaments out and the eggg nog made.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ellen-s4y:
    The tree goes up tomorrow, rain or shine. I already have the ornaments out and the eggg nog made. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel so inadequate. My tree comes out of the closet fully decorated and goes on top of my CD cabinet. btw, it's less than 2 feet tall and never needs watering

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
    604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

Ours is in several black garbage bags. I'm trying to talk hubby into a new pre-lit one that's 9 1/2 foot tall. He isn't going for it yet - but, wal-mart is on the way home tomorrow.

ABW Ambassador
    I put a wreath over the O in my website's logo LOL - that's about it as far as Christmas deco goes!!

I never got my T-Shirt

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think people who leave their Christmas lights up all year long are LAZY! Like nobody notices, huh? Really makes the house and neighborhood look trashy, too.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was kidding about leaving them up

The woman who lives across the street leaves hers up all year around. I live in a nice neighborhood, and her Christmas lights really do make her house stand out - especially in July. She has those icecicle lights on white strings hanging from her gutter - pretty at Christmas time (the lights, not the neighbor woman) and a real eyesore the rest of the year.

Greg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> As Jeff Foxworthy says, "You might be a redneck if..."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I do have credentials.

Greg's Credentials

Here is my redneck of the year trophy

Greg

[This message was edited by gregdi on November 27, 2003 at 01:36 PM.]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread