I have just read the news story below and think the pop-up/under will finally be dead when the new version of Internet Explorer comes out

"New IE may burst pop-up bubble"

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-511...tml?tag=adnews

"Many people use Google's Toolbar to block out the unwanted ads. The company has said that "millions" of people have downloaded its toolbar with pop-up blocking features. Google and other search providers such as Yahoo are eager to let people block pop-ups because they will benefit from the shift in advertising dollars to contextual ads."

Nadeem Azam
    No1Free.com - promote your website for free
    Azam.biz - go here to develop a residual income stream

Affiliate Manager
    Good riddance...IMHO.

A good popup is a dead popup!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Amazing as the entire Adwhore industry is forced to believe what I've said a thousand times since Y2000. Great read as they weasel-spin-whine and choke at the power of the victims of those fed up with DMA/IAB Gorilla Advertising methods. Anyone at a network want to inform the folks here when it was I first advised them to completely distance themselves from the advertising mindset folks.

I ran a consumer voting poll in 7 web sites from 1990-2001. 84% voted their hatred of online advertising methods was choice #4. NO VALUE AT THE END OF THE CLICK.

Still today the Adwhore mindset of most AM's could give a rats ass if all affiliate and general Ad creative enticements landed the duped clicker on the home page. Wake up call!! The shopper then and now hates wasting their time jumping thru hoops to get at a non existing or phoney offer. Any hints I gave allowed Google to dominate SE's, TigerDirect to quash their advertising mindset competitors, Overstock to tumble as a pro-affiliate giant and Microsoft to protect it's users.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY TO PUT REAL VALUE INTO A CLICK...from a consumers viewpoint.

Next up, after Google shakes out all it's SE spamming fleas, is for Microsoft to un-plug the plug-ins. Alongside Popup & unders will be those evasive FLASH Ads as a patent violation. Excuse the pun but this has been a banner year to have heeded my advice. Just ask the DMA/IAB membership. Honest merchant's sure need to review the mindset of the AM's running their programs.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

WAIT STOP ALL

Azam.com

Referenced the article to:
    http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-511...tml?tag=adnews

I got 3 pop-ups trying to read the darned article, what a bunch of die hearts!

SandraR<FONT face=Arial size=2>

</FONT>

ABW Ambassador
    Countless pop-ups are extremely annoying, but carefully placed pop-unders can perform admirably.

Just Lurking
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY TO PUT REAL VALUE INTO A CLICK...from a consumers viewpoint.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I like that part. It sounds like a good question to ask everyday.

Happy Thanksgiving Charlie & Mike.

------------------------------
    "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." - Gertrude Stein, American author (1874-1946).

Most of my browsing these days is done in Mozilla 1.5 or MozillaFirebird 0.7. Both of 'em can be set to automatically kill all pop-ups or pop-unders. If I take a notion to see what was stopped, I can set that site to allow 'em and take a look.

BTW -- both of the above browsers are about a billion times FASTER than IE -- plus they do tabbed browsing.

It's been a year or so since I've used IE regularly. Although some of the affiliate page-building tools require IE so I keep Avant Browser around. It runs on the IE engine, does tabbed browsing -- and it too is faster than IE.
    ============

Gary Speer

Quoth the Owl, "Uuuuh, I dunno?"

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >plus they do tabbed browsing

Tabbed browsing rocks my world.

It annoys me immensely when people write web interfaces using javascript to open new windows - defeats tabbed browsing altogether. Grrr.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread