Is someone ripping off my links? Anyone understand this code?
    After reading a thread here last week about Google Alerts, I set up an alert for occurrences of one of my domain names. I just got an alert and went to check it out.

The site appears to be something scraped off a ton of blogs, websites, etc., and compiled into a blog hosted on this domain: rpfbqvln.co.cc

I looked at the source code in the page where my domain name occurred, livingtherusticlife dot com. As far as I can tell, the site has some sort of php script that harvested and displays the PopShops information for a Black Forest Decor product on one of the pages on my domain. The part of the code that worries me is this link:

Code:
    myscript.php?way=http://liveinternet.ru/click?http://www.livingtherusticlife.com/cabin-furniture/
    Anybody understand anything about what's going on? Is someone using code like this to somehow steal clicks or commissions from me??

I looked all through the pages on my site for any suspicious code in the templates or page source views and found nothing that I could tell. It's only on this page at the rpfbqvln.co.cc that the code appears.

Confused big time!!
    Generate more fake news.

I'm not sure about this case, but what I'm seeing is usually a site set up to spam the SE's that reacts differently to them depending on the geo location of the viewer.

shows one face to the general public and another (partly yours) to the search engine to make it seem benign.

watch out for cooties when you go there

Gary I am not sure what that is either, but expect to see some weird stuff using google alerts.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I found this, http://www.javascriptkit.com/javatut...ernalphp.shtml does it help? I didnt see javascript mentioned on your link but it may explain the myscript bit, and the fact they are calling your links to themselves or someat like that anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I'm not sure about this case, but what I'm seeing is usually a site set up to spam the SE's that reacts differently to them depending on the geo location of the viewer.

shows one face to the general public and another (partly yours) to the search engine to make it seem benign.

watch out for cooties when you go there
    As a matter of fact, when I tried to go directly to the domain in that code or in some other code from that odd-ball page, my Norton Internet Security 2009 popped up a warning that someone had tried to attack my computer and the attack had been blocked.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stAngel
    I found this, http://www.javascriptkit.com/javatut...ernalphp.shtml does it help? I didnt see javascript mentioned on your link but it may explain the myscript bit, and the fact they are calling your links to themselves or someat like that anyway...
    Thanks for that link. Wish I knew more coding to better understand this whole business.

Mostly I just worry that their messing with links to my site will 1) steal my commissions, 2) give me a bad rap with the search engines because of ties to these nasty sites, or, 3) all of the above!

Argh! What a business!!!!
    Generate more fake news.

Yes, sometimes Google Alerts gives us more information than we need to know. You can report that site to stopbadware.org that will knock them out of the serps till they get rid of the junk anyway. The internets are full of junk sites like that using scraped stuff and scripts to rank.

Looks like the hackers have struck again!!
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by niche
    Looks like the hackers have struck again!!
    Yeah, I guess so.

What I don't understand is -- do they have some code hidden somewhere on my site? Is there any way to find where they came from or are coming from and block them?

Wish I knew a lot more about this stuff.
    Generate more fake news.

Does just look like a scraper site, with the additional browser launch for an "Antivirus 2009" install page (which is nothing but malware). It does link off to the original page simultaneously however.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread