15 years and counting
    I had a look at the Affiliate Summit attendee list a few minutes ago and I saw: /
    Strange association of a CPA network and an affiliate/BHO known as ShopAtHome with a toolbar/software: SelectRebates, Golder Retriever, ShopAtHomeSelect, SAHS...
    7100 E Belleview Ave Suite 208
    Greenwood Village, CO 80111
    7100 E. Belleview Avenue Suite 208
    Greenwood Village, CO 80111 USA

"Big Brands... hot offers... top payouts... what more could an affiliate ask for?" HONESTY

So, we have networks buying BHOs and affiliates, and BHO/affiliates buying networks. What up with the affiliate marketing model?
    A BHO hiding behind a CPA network is the way to fool a merchant by mixing normal affiliate traffic with dirty redirects from their toolbar.

Just yet another reason to not work with CPA networks. As a manager we lose control over where our ads are shown or how and I suspect the CPA networks have a larger share of undesirable affiliates.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management info(AT) | 330-259-1223

Join us! - | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

New York
    It started when CJ finally kicked them out (before letting them back in). I'm not sure how much traction, if any they have as a 'network' but I'm sure it's mostly a facade to approach and lure merchants in with as the SAHS name is 'known'.
    Continued Success,

The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Winter Park, FL
    once you have access to the confirmation page, assuming you lack ethics and morals, you definitely should pimp that access out to others to monetize your grand achievement, pixel ploppage.

***From SAH's membership agreement***
    The Toolbar functionality is dependent on our SelectRebates Software. This Software is installed as an integral part of the Toolbar. It is designed to help ensure that you never miss a Cash Back Rebate if you forget to go to our site prior to making a purchase on an Affiliate Store's site. When you enter the URL of an Affiliate Store's web site into your browser, the Software is designed to redirect your browser first to our Site, and then to the selected participating Affiliate Store's site. This process is designed to occur behind the scenes so you don't even know it is happening, and in a manner that does not interrupt your shopping experience.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread