I forgot...what is the cluprit when links do not show up on your website? I have a customer and they can see everything except linked items! What can they do to make the links come back? Thanks! :0)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

maybe the ad-blocking feature in Norton Firewall (or Norton Internet Security .. same thing) is switched on

that would remove banners and even worse would remove CJ's text links, leaving your beautiful web page with... no way to buy anything!

if that's it, they need to open the Norton application and turn off 'Ad-Blocking' ... it's one of a several 'on/off' options they should see listed

Thanks.. anyone else have any ideas? She does have norton but swears it the add blocking is turned off. Looks like ALL of the links are gone on the whole page, not just cj. ugh!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I mean. THANK YOU night coder... ha ha! And does anyone else know what it might be.. didn't mean to sound rude. I am operating on little sleep tonight,sorry if that sounded rude! Of course, Connie will step up and tell everyone I am really rude, so I had to clear that up before she arrives, LOL!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kazza light and some non-adware tools load in a new HOSTS file with circular IP addresses for some domains - and many of them include the domain used by CJ for their ad images and link-throughs.
    Tell her to do a search for a file called "HOSTS" with no extension. It should be in one of the windows directories. Rename the fine to HOSTS10 and reboot. This will force her browser to go to the official Domain Name Server table from her ISP, where the correct locations of the CJ and other links can be matched up.

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

Thanks, she figured it out. It was norton but she had some temp files she had to delete for it to work. Hate these programs! UGH! Thanks everyone!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread