Banned
    Lightbulb Content in articles or on blog?
    I have heard varying reports on this subject and am wondering what the memberes here have to say about it. Is it better to put your content on your blog or to submit it to article directories?

Some say it is better to put your content on article directories because it can generate a large number of backlinks which can be benificial to your seo as a few of these directories have good PR. Also, I seem to think that since your blog would start out with a low PR, content posted on your blog would have less of a chance to show-up on the SERPs as opposed to posting it on an article directory which already has an establishrd PR. Thus, your content would generate traffic to your site through the links in the article instead of being sandboxed by Google.

In contrast to all this, I have heard some people swear that your blog will rank higher in the search engines when the SEs see that you are regulary posting unique content on it.

Now, I am not saying that you should not post fresh content on your blog, I am just asking which you think is better: posting most of your content on your blog, or as articles? (I apologize for rambling )
    Last edited by nobugs; November 26th, 2008 at 11:23 AM.

It's a good question, but I think that most will say if your content is good enough then just post it on your blog and people will link to it, thus giving you many good one-way links that will help your SE rankings and provide traffic that way. If you are more concerned with generating traffic then posting it to many directories might be a better idea at first, then as you start to get more traffic keep the content exclusive to your blog. Other problems with submitting to directories include duplicate content issues and others using your content and not giving you credit or links.

So I think a combination of both would be ideal. When starting out make sure you post regularly to your blog, and submit articles if you can. After you establish some good traffic and rankings then only post the content to your blog.

Quote Originally Posted by David S.
    Other problems with submitting to directories include duplicate content issues and others using your content and not giving you credit or links.

So I think a combination of both would be ideal. When starting out make sure you post regularly to your blog, and submit articles if you can. After you establish some good traffic and rankings then only post the content to your blog.
    This would be my approach, too. I actually haven't done very many article directory submissions, mostly because the ones I've done have been "ripped off," i.e., people using the stuff without listing me as author and without using my bio/author's box links or anything.

Yeah, I know. Can you IMAGINE people on the Internet being less than honest??? Came as a shock to me, too.
    Generate more fake news.

I actually do both, and it's worked out quite well for me. Although I don't submit the same article that I have on my site to the article directories. It's best to have one long article broken down into two, then put one on your site, and submit the other to article directories. Each article is around 300-500 words.

Now with the one you submit to the article directory, have something in your resource box letting the visitors know if they want more information on the subject, to visit your website and then link to your other article on your site.

Another tip, with the article you have on your site, have links within it to your products you are promoting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by David S.
    It's a good question, but I think that most will say if your content is good enough then just post it on your blog and people will link to it, thus giving you many good one-way links that will help your SE rankings and provide traffic that way. If you are more concerned with generating traffic then posting it to many directories might be a better idea at first, then as you start to get more traffic keep the content exclusive to your blog. Other problems with submitting to directories include duplicate content issues and others using your content and not giving you credit or links.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Do a nice mix of both in the beginning and then phase-out the article submisions as your blog gains in the SERPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadili
    I actually do both, and it's worked out quite well for me. Although I don't submit the same article that I have on my site to the article directories. It's best to have one long article broken down into two, then put one on your site, and submit the other to article directories. Each article is around 300-500 words.

Now with the one you submit to the article directory, have something in your resource box letting the visitors know if they want more information on the subject, to visit your website and then link to your other article on your site.

Another tip, with the article you have on your site, have links within it to your products you are promoting.

Good tips, I will try that with the large article broken in two.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread