Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What Time Are You Waking Up to Cook??
    Well it is that time of year my clock is telling me, I have everything I need and I am waking up at 4am to start my thanksgiving routine. What time are YOU or your sig. other waking to start?????
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

ABW Ambassador
    4am? You gotta be kidding me?

nope 4am for the last 8 years, i have a routine, kinda reminds me of someone w/ocd.

We're actually starting today. Making some mash potatoes for about 20 people, and taking them 'over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house we go', where they will be reheated. Nobody will know the difference

Four loaves of bread tonight along with a pine-apple upside down cake.

Up at my normal time tomorrow (5am) and dinner will be ready at 12:20 for the family.

They all thought I was nuts that I have a written schedule... But it works. Organized as a timeline. Keeps me right on time and not forgetting anything. Also has everything hot and ready all at once.
    Last edited by openrsm; November 26th, 2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: had to get rid of that stupid dancing hula pineapple

Cook? Whuzzat?

I am fortunate to live next door to my mommy... when she cooks a holiday meal, she goes whole hog.... she took off from work on Monday and made the cornbread and chopped onions, celery, etc. Did a lot of the prep work.

She's baking cakes today.... tomorrow we will get up and make fresh mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy and put the dressing together.... everything else will already be done....

Did I mention I lurves my mommy?
    Last edited by kayecee; November 26th, 2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: goofed smiley

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Two words: Boston Market. Delicious and no cooking need apply.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I'm starting to heat up the Turkey Fryer at around 2 PM. It needs to bring up about 4 gallons of peanut oil to 350 degrees. Plop in the 18 lb bird, wait 50 minutes and voila .... fresh, fried Turkey.

I have to cook 2 birds, we are taking it to a friends house for Thanksgiving ..

In the morning, our family and some friends are going to help feed some of Miami's most needy at the Miami Rescue Mission.

Have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving all !!
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

lol fried turkey, please take care, I have only heard horror stories about frying turkeys. Never how good it tastes.... anything like fried chicken???

Had to add a dancing~!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Wake up to cook?!" LOL LOL That's not happening...

Thanksgiving's always at my aunt's. She may come up with some excuse to wake up early, but not to cook. But I would expect she'll start the cooking at about 2 or 3PM, if my memory on turkey roasting times is right.

The pumpkin pies will be picked up from Big Boy tonight and allowed to thaw in the fridge until tomorrow.

It's pretty much no-hassle.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Steph-ARC
    Two words: Boston Market. Delicious and no cooking need apply.
    That's cheating!! Not that I haven't considered it, but I would never get away with it.
    [B]Jeff DeBo[/B] | Sr. Marketing Manager - Affiliate
    [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K217424]ProFlowers[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K302833]Personal Creations[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K21765]RedEnvelope[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K220460]Cherry Moon Farms[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K220455]Shari's Berries[/URL]

P: (858) 909-4203 | E: jdebo(at)providecommerce(dot)com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    lol fried turkey, please take care, I have only heard horror stories about frying turkeys. Never how good it tastes.... anything like fried chicken???

Had to add a dancing~!
    Tastes better ...

Care does have to be taken though ... I wear a long sleeve t-shirt, gloves and have my fire extinguisher ready next to me at the ready.

The trick for those that have never tried it is to keep the temp at a constant 350, do not overfill the pot with oil and makse sure the turkey is dry and thawed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    .... fresh, fried Turkey.
    And that is why I told Andy I could not eat Thanksgiving dinner at his house.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma230
    That's cheating!! Not that I haven't considered it, but I would never get away with it.
    It's acceptable to cheat if it tastes better than my real cooking!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my ABW peeps! Gobble Gobble.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

LOL I don't think there are any Boston Markets here in Portland any more correct me if I am wrong pacific nw'ers But the last I remember of Boston Market was what like 2001???

Cook? I'll be waking up to work all day, just like any other day.

Financial comfort is not on the list of things I can be thankful for.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Don't get me wrong financial comfort is not at this moment a luxury I have, but I have the ability to multi task and lucky enough to be here and near my kitchen at the same time. during my scheduled breaks tomorrow i will be working online doing a couple of top priority and if I am not sleeping at 2pm tomorrow I will be working. I will be away from my comuter for almost a whole week, (no laptop) , i think i will go to the library in ohio to do some sporadic work. LOL But be thank ful that you will wake up and work, how many people can say that?

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by openrsm
    Four loaves of bread tonight along with a pine-apple upside down cake.

Last edited by openrsm :
    Reason: had to get rid of that stupid dancing hula
    In defence of other fruitcake's out there, I find that edited part offensive toward the beautiful 's.

Btw, if you're going to eat it later , at least let the condemned friut, have her last dance with the bananas, before you sit down to her.

lol

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I normally don't get up at any time just to cook. I just cook when I get hungry.

If you are referring to Thanksgiving, well that Holiday is rarely celebrated here and we haven't made any plans. My roommate doesn't get home until around 9pm anyway. That'd give plenty of time to cook a turkey if I had an oven to cook it in. :-)
    I do love the turkey in SAS's interface.

You don't have a oven? Another reason for me to be thankful, i fortunately own a oven. Do people in Mexico have any day for giving thanks besides every day?

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    yes, we do. We have Christmas :-)

Gotta love Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    LOL I don't think there are any Boston Markets here in Portland any more correct me if I am wrong pacific nw'ers But the last I remember of Boston Market was what like 2001???
    They closed all of the Boston Markets in PDX years ago. I didn't know they were still in business until I moved to San Diego.
    Last edited by zooma230; November 26th, 2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: correct typo
    [B]Jeff DeBo[/B] | Sr. Marketing Manager - Affiliate
    [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K217424]ProFlowers[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K302833]Personal Creations[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K21765]RedEnvelope[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K220460]Cherry Moon Farms[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K220455]Shari's Berries[/URL]

P: (858) 909-4203 | E: jdebo(at)providecommerce(dot)com

Thats what i thought. LOL we portlanders don't like boston market lol.

ATL still has Boston Markets, (though the closest one closed years back).. thats the plan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast