Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Walmart?
    Did anyone else get a disappointing e-mail from Walmart regarding a private offer? I'm feeling pretty used and abused by them right now...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    Did anyone else get a disappointing e-mail from Walmart regarding a private offer? I'm feeling pretty used and abused by them right now...
    Yup, I just got burned by Walmart as well. Ouch.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Haven't gotten anything yet. What are the details, what did they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Haven't gotten anything yet. What are the details, what did they do?
    They cut commission rates for us right before Black Friday and it appears that even bigger cuts (may) be coming on December 2nd.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    I'll probably get it too then, probably everybody else also. That's just kind of shady doing it now.

Question
    They cut commission rates for us right before Black Friday and it appears that even bigger cuts (may) be coming on December 2nd.
    cuts in general or just certain lines?

Yea, it's pretty shady. It seems like they wanted us to develop campaigns for them by offering increased commission. Then, they cut right before the big rush hoping they'll take advantage of all our work for less. Oh well, I'm switching over a lot of stuff to Amazon, their prices and commission are the same or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    cuts in general or just certain lines?
    On December 2nd it looks like my private offer commissions with Walmart will be reduced further. I don't know how many people are in the same boat as me.

Quote Originally Posted by jamuhn
    Yea, it's pretty shady. It seems like they wanted us to develop campaigns for them by offering increased commission. Then, they cut right before the big rush hoping they'll take advantage of all our work for less. Oh well, I'm switching over a lot of stuff to Amazon, their prices and commission are the same or better.
    They didn't do this last year. The increased commissions held through the Holiday season. It was nice.

15 years and counting
    Well, it's just WalMart! I got the email, too and I didn't even bother opening it. WalMart is a waste of affiliate time. Just check your non-commissionable report a few days after Black Friday to understand why.

I am going to pull them from my site for those days, as they are our highest traffic days and I want my traffic to go to merchants that pay better and don't insult their affiliates.
    They basically want us to promote them more, work harder, and stay up til after midnight Thanksgiving night to wait for them to send their Black Friday deals cause they won't send them sooner. For this they are willing to pay us less.

For those who didn't get the email here is what it said:
    Dear Affiliate,
    We hope that youre off to a successful start this Holiday season, and we want to thank you for your valuable partnership in our Affiliate Program.
    As a way for us to better manage our program, Walmart.com has made the difficult decision to decrease your current private offer. Your revised offer will be extended on November 26, 2008 and will run through December 1, 2008; it will allow you to earn commissions through Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday our three biggest sales days of the year.
    Walmart.com will continue to be a leading holiday consumer destination this season, and we look forward to continued success for our affiliate partners.

Saw a study of major retailers,
    walmart website rated at or near the bottom in three categories
    response/availability/consistancy

http://www.gomez.com/products/viewbenchmark.php?btype=8

OK, then, when they made me a special offer I saw it was stuff I wasn't worried about pushing so I didn't opt for it.

so Status Quo, otherwise.

i didn't accept the offer when I saw it was less. Wont matter as they will change the current offer anyways. So why ask us to accept when we really don't have a choice anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    i didn't accept the offer when I saw it was less. Wont matter as they will change the current offer anyways. So why ask us to accept when we really don't have a choice anyways?
    You have a choice between the private offer with lower commissions or the regular offer with super low commissions.

You have a choice between the private offer with lower commissions or the regular offer with super low commissions.
    Yup. If you don't opt for this new "improved" offer you will get the baseline.
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

I still haven't got that email, and don't see it in my emails at LS either.
    Hummm
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

i am sorry, but it is walmart..... that should explain it all by itself. notorious for cutting and chopping everything to improve their bottom line.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

what i was told is that the affiliate dept. basically ran through their entire november budget (and even part of december's) way too quickly.

so either the budget wasn't high enough or we're all just selling too much through them. i know my sales have been way, way up over last year.

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by OlsonNet
    what i was told is that the affiliate dept. basically ran through their entire november budget (and even part of december's) way too quickly.

so either the budget wasn't high enough or we're all just selling too much through them. i know my sales have been way, way up over last year.
    that's called "an advertising mindset." unless we were pushing loss leaders for them they shouldn't have a problem with it. Since when are commissions (for real sales) part of advertising budgets?

ABW Ambassador
    Never got the email but I have these crappy terms:

4% commission /1% commission [1% Electronics, Video Games, Movies, Music, Books, Photo] on selected goods is offered to you on items purchased by visitors who are referred to us from your site.

Trust that is the new default offer. Nice to get a reduction in pay during their "busiest" (most profitable) time of the year. Guess they want more profit for themselves.

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, and 1% on the things that sell the best during the holidays. Have to bury them at the bottom of the page, plus Amazon is doing nicely.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    They need the extra money to pay for the lawsuits from people getting trampled to death at their B&M stores.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    They need the extra money to pay for the lawsuits from people getting trampled to death at their B&M stores.
    Absolutely sickening news. I'm at a loss for words.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast