Certified PPC Afiliates With SAS
    Back in the summer it was indicated that as part of the PPC enforcement plan there would be a way for affiliates to apply for certification with SAS as a trusted PPC user. Did this ever come to completion. I can't find it on the SAS website if so.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    Back in the summer it was indicated that as part of the PPC enforcement plan there would be a way for affiliates to apply for certification with SAS as a trusted PPC user. Did this ever come to completion. I can't find it on the SAS website if so.
    Do you really think, that any ethical affiliate getting into PPC, and wanting to become a Certified PPC Afiliate With Any Network, is going to abide by the rules of such certificate after spending a few thousand dollars on PPC, and see that he's getting screwed by other Non-Certified PPC Afiliates on the same, or other networks?

Btw, usually and lately, those with special mark of distinction next to their names, or winning big awards, are the ones that make the most money, but.......

How do many of them got to the position of being that different than the rest of the others...

Guess again...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Btw, usually and lately, those with special mark of distinction next to their names, or winning big awards, are the ones that make the most money, but.......
    I may be wrong, but I wasn't seeing it as being offered as a public award. It was supposed to be a way of protecting your keywords from unscrupulous merchants prying eyes in their SAS interface.

ABW Ambassador
    "protecting your keywords"
    imo, they are not YOUR keywords
    they are just words...

Happy Thanksgiving

Unhappy
    they are just words...
    And just like what I discovered this morning too...

Someone just registered a domain name last month, with the same three keywords, of one on my domains, sooooooooooo...

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    they are just words...
    And there lies the need to protect them.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

With these pledges made, in writing, to ShareASale and kept on file with us - we will (upon review) certify the Affiliate on ShareASale as a provider of PPC search.

What will this mean? Upon certification - we will provide a seal on your account so that Merchants know that you are a valued affiliate. We will also filter your transaction referal information so that Merchants are unable to see the keywords that you use to market them. ShareASale will still have this information in order to maintain the integrity of the system - but Merchants will simply see that the transaction came through a search, and will no longer see keyword specific information.
    From the SAS blog.

I wasn't one of the ones that had concerns. I just want to know what ever came of the idea.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread