Writing a book!
    You know how everyone says everybody should write a book, well I am writing a book! Not about my life I think it would put people to sleep! My husbands story though would be a knock out, we talked about it last night, and i agreed to write the book about his life, trials and everything else that has happened to him indirectly and directly. Does anyone here know the ropes of book writing?
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

ABW Ambassador
    yeah, a start, a middle and an ending.

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck with your book.

LOL thanks Julian I knew I forgot something!

It is going to be a masterpiece! Might take me along time, since I have been having issues with my typing lol. but he has got over 200 pages of life that is interesting, and unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    Does anyone here know the ropes of book writing?
    A good editor is a must. Thanks to all of the freelancers out there, editors are easier to find at an affordable price. Are you going to self publish, or shop it around. Does his life story have a message?

Yes his life story has a message and the only thing that is a difference between writing his story is that he is still paying the consequences right now for a brother of his, and his complete life story will only be done when he is past on. But he has had a life ever since birth trying to escape his family when he did it wasn't long until there name came to haunt him again. Good story, bad coincidences, bad timing.
    Last edited by jodyq; November 26th, 2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: not a bad life, bad luck which i hope for his sake is changing

Yes his life story has a message and the only thing that is a difference between writing his story is that...
    There is when Julian post would made sence:
    a start, a middle and an ending.
    A real life story book, must have one of two ending.

Either the main character in the book dies before the book is finished, and the end of that book have to written by someone else, or the author and main character in the book lives to see and write, about the ending of the topic of the book before death.

Good luck with your book if you decide to write it.

Btw, I too have a Bestseller in mind, the only problem is that the way some things seems to be standing still somewhere, I don't see the ending of my book in sight, yet.

And since "I am the master of my fate, and I am the captain of my soul, and the sole author of my book", there is no draft written outside of my brain.

I am not too sure if this would be a best seller, but due to the fact that his older brother is Zayn abu Zubaydah it might get some buyers. Hence when we got married i opted to keep my current name. But my daughters name is a two part Abu Zubaydah-Hammond He really wanted his name at the end but I thought 2x's and hyphenated it.
    Edit: This would be more of a book just to let him release all of his anger towards his family, not just his brother, but his father and his other brothers and sisters and the country of Saudia Arabia, and what it is like being palestinian. If his brother wasn't him everybody would love him, he is the best person I know, he is funny, caring, really good sense of self, and he came here in his late teens not knowing anyone just to escape, to the greatest Country in the world, not knowing that years later his dreams would all come to a quick end because of a family he tried so hard to escape.
    Last edited by jodyq; November 26th, 2008 at 06:00 PM.

I am not too sure if this would be a best seller, but due to the fact that his older brother is Zayn abu Zubaydah it might get some buyers.
    Well, I don't even know how to spell that name, but I believe that if a book is good enough to be recommended by those who read it and like it, I would guess that the name of the author should not be a cause for the book not to become a best seller, unless (the obvious no-no's) are included on that book, of course.

ABW Ambassador
    After Googling that name, I could see some interest in it. Would be an interesting perspective.

This book would make you laugh ur *** off and make you angry at the same time. Some of the coincidences are just to funny to believe. We start in Jan or so.
    Edit: yes it is a interesting perspective, my husband was held w/no charges for 1 1/2 years, the feds would make up charges that would later drop off, trying to get info that he did not have. I know you do what you have to in times of despair, but the transcriptions I have and they are disturbing.
    Last edited by jodyq; November 26th, 2008 at 06:18 PM.

After Googling that name, I could see some interest in it. Would be an interesting perspective.
    Well, you made me check it out too, but after I read the first link from Wikipedia...

I am not too sure if this would be a best seller, but due to the fact that his older brother is Zayn abu Zubaydah it might get some buyers.
    This book would make you laugh ur *** off and make you angry at the same time. Some of the coincidences are just to funny to believe. We start in Jan or so.
    Now I see why you not too sure about the best seller idea for that book.

Now I am glad I posted this, above:
    I would guess that the name of the author should not be a cause for the book not to become a best seller, unless (the obvious no-no's) are included on that book, of course.

You make me smile Mr. Sal

Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    Does anyone here know the ropes of book writing?
    These sites might help:

Book Publishing FAQ

http://www.writing-world.com/publish/index.shtml

http://www.publishingcentral.com/

An ex-boyfriend has published numerous titles on amazon & amazon UK & I think he's listed on Barnes & Noble. Anyway, I know he also publishes a lot on Lulu.com
    You might want to take a look:
    http://www.lulu.com/

Good luck
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

argh whats up with the pop ups??? anywhoo. Thanks Rhia7!!! LuLu seems nice, i am reading all the info i can.

Several years ago I asked this question of the members here... on whether they have written a book.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=74199

More power to you Jody and best of luck. STICK with it!

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread