GoldenCAN down?
    Golden Can Site seems to be down
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

ummm, that's not very good.Just checked an uhhh not a pretty lookin site to see. Hopefully, they'll realize it and have it fixed by the morning at least.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence
    Golden Can Site seems to be down
    Hi Bob,
    I have just checked and GoldenCAN is working fine.

I know what you mean there Purplebear, Just checked mine also looks really bad, can't figure out why my code wrapper didn't catch it sooner and pull form ps or the temp database¿ hum

Its back now. by error log looks like about 3 hours Asif

ok, just checked again and it's not lookin bad at least like before. But it's saying this instead of giving the offers:
    Sorry, GetData feature is not available for this merchant.
    (except not in purple lol ) I copied and pasted it. lol Maybe it'll just take a few minutes. Gonna check on some other merchants

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I just tested half of dozen pages with GC shops and they seem to be working ok, but are loading really slow.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    ok, just checked again and it's not lookin bad at least like before. But it's saying this instead of giving the offers:
    (except not in purple lol ) I copied and pasted it. lol Maybe it'll just take a few minutes. Gonna check on some other merchants

The above message comes only for one merchant because that merchant has specially requested not to have this featured enabled. for any other merchant this message is never displayed.

checked another merchant (this same merchant tho a minute ago wasn't lookin very pretty, tho) it's showing the offers now The other one that wasn't pretty just not must have any offers now.

Thank you for the quick response

Asif
    Are you saying that this merchant is no longer using GoldenCan now and I just don't realize it? If so, that's my mistake for not knowing that and I'll remove that merchant's code. My others altho haven't checked all of em I assume are working now since the other one I checked is.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence
    Its back now. by error log looks like about 3 hours Asif
    I am sorry bob, I am not sure why you are seeing your log file like that. If GoldenCAN servers have any problem i have always accepted that there was a problem and it has been resolved. Anyway we are looking into the situation to see if we can find a reason why your pages were not working. I appologize for the inconvenience.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Asif
    Are you saying that this merchant is no longer using GoldenCan now and I just don't realize it? If so, that's my mistake for not knowing that and I'll remove that merchant's code. My others altho haven't checked all of em I assume are working now since the other one I checked is.
    CatsPlay is the only merchant where the GetData feature is not available. and it has been like that since the day GetData was released. Are you seeing that message for CatsPlay or some other Merchant?

If it would be of any help I can email you a copy of the error log file.

Asif
    My other merchant that I checked wasn't working when I checked after seeing Bob's post. I checked two merchants. It is working now, tho. So there was evidently some sort of problem going on. It wasn't just isolated to Bob's site.

The other merchant I had checked evidently was my fault hmmm that didn't come out right. I am definitely not saying anything was your fault For whatever reason both Bob and my (at least one merchant) were having some sort of problem. The other merchant I checked I think is probably my fault for not realizing it wasn't working with GC any longer.

It was Cat's Play. Haven't checked others except All Things Trendy and it wasn't working before but is now.

ok, just finished checking all of my merchants and the only one not working is the Cat's Play.

Umm, Asif, I'm sorry for the dummy question. But....I'm not positive I understand what you're saying. Are you saying that Cat's Play is no longer at GoldenCan? and that's why it doesn't show anything.

Mr. GoldenCan
    ok, just finished checking all of my merchants and the only one not working is the Cat's Play.

Umm, Asif, I'm sorry for the dummy question. But....I'm not positive I understand what you're saying. Are you saying that Cat's Play is no longer at GoldenCan? and that's why it doesn't show anything.
    Cats Play is still an active merchant at GoldenCAN. When the GetData feature was released, Cats Play requested not to have this spiderable version enable for their program. for every other merchant GetData is enabled. if you want to use CatsPlay you can only use the JavaScript version.

Oh, ok lol Now I understand thank you for the explanation

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread