Exclamation PCUniverse SAS feed is down to 5 items
    I noticed earlier today when I was updating pages in PopShops that there were only 5 items listed, but I thought maybe they were in the middle of an update. In SAS the datafeed shows only 5 items also and all their pages are only showing the same 5 items, no matter what is supposed to be there. Oh, and the descriptions are weird.

I was working on looking for PopShops-fed pages that had gone empty last night and found one where there should have been about 50,000 items showing in the datafeed. There were four . . .

But this morning, all is fine with that one.

But one of my sports fan stuff merchants is still missing a buncha stuff for certain teams.

But don't you hate it when a merchant changes all their SKUs (apparently) and the pages you made go dead?

I have contacted PCUniverse via the SAS interface with no response so I contacted them through their website. Still no response. I contacted PopShops, only auto response. Meanwhile on my Networking Hardware page there is only a parallel splitter described as: "Science Blaster Jr. provides an overall introduction to science, covering topics such as weather, animal classification, sequencing, and magnetism. " and a cable described as: "For true cushioning and comfort molded to your wrists, Kensington Contour Gel products are the top choice. Stylish curves and sleek design make these...". That's bad enough, but the same two products show up for Professional Server Software, Graphics Software and a dozen other pages on my site. aaaarrrrrgh!

2Busy,
    I have theirs for 11/9 if that would do you any good. The prices probably have changed tho.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

Thank you Bob, that is most generous, but I'm running this program with PopShops and have no way to use their feed except manually with WebMerge. I appreciate your offer though! Wrong prices would be better than no links.

After re-reading your post I see that. lol
    Maybe I can send the zip to PopShops and they can do something to get the rest of the sites back up. {with click for current pricing] ???

Lol! I wish, but they probably have some kind of agreement with the merchants that would stop that. Since I still have no response from PopShops I can't guess what they are able to do about it. Far as I can tell everyone's gone for a long holiday weekend. I have gone back into PopShops and put a different merchant's products to fill in although they don't quite fit the surrounding pages, they are loosely related and better than nothing.

I guess the storefront sites with only one product to push are better sometimes..yank the page and make a new one- all fixed. When they are part of a field of products, each page needs to do its job or they all look bad and taking down a page needs a lot more work.

I have one page up for this merchant that is set to continue to show the products even when they are "out of stock" and that page is fully loaded and goes right to the products as shown, but I set it to do that because every 3 days 30 products "disappeared" from stock, even though they were still there. Should've done the same thing for all their products. Been thinking about quitting this merchant anyway, they opened up a program on CJ a few months back and I don't like working with dual network programs when the other network is one of those BHO happy ones. Time to rewrite this site I think.

Thats probably what happened to their datafeed then as CJ's feeds are different.
    I use PopShop to but I use a wrapper which for some reason didn't catch GC down.
    Usually I get an email from the server when no results are returned. But last night it took almost 3 hours before I caught it. I did PM angle tho. Can't hurt.

Hmmm. Haven't tried a PM yet. Problem is if they haven't got anything in the feed, they can't offer it up and the datafeed on SAS shows 5 items, that's all. PS is as helpless as anyone else if there's no feed there.
    I can't imagine a merchant leaving their program for days without even checking anything. Maybe it is not that important to them. I've done what I can so I'm not gonna waste more time looking for what I can do.

PC Universe SaS will be live again shortly
    Hello Everyone! The PC Universe web business was recently sold, which forced us to temporarily suspend our SaS listing. We will be ready to go live again within a couple of weeks. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread