15 years and counting
    Can't Trust LinkShare reporting
    Are they doing it on purpose to confuse their affiliates?
    Check all your reports and you'll see they don't match.
    Have a look at "Quick Stats" on the front page (Just an example) for a period like this month.
    Note your Sales and Commissions
    Now, check your Advanced Reports, like Individual Items.
    Note your Sales and Commissions.
    The reports don't match.
    I had a look at Synergy Analytics. What a mess!
    Spending so much time and money for nothing.
    Is their accounting software done by the same people?

Linkshare has always been confusing for me as well. If it weren't for a couple of advertisers I really liking working with (aka making good money) I wouldn't touch their platform.

it seems like the 'top 3 networks' have really dropped the ball this year. Maybe we see some real changes in affiliate marketing next year.

Networks like to sign up as many merchants as possible & fuggetaboutit. Maybe some opportunity for new, more specialized networks who don't try to do everything & everybody.

15 years and counting
    simcat - Maybe we see some real changes in affiliate marketing next year.
    I'll like to be optimistic but believe me it's getting worse, year after year. And LinkShare is a good example. I was pretty happy with Linkshare reporting in 1998. It was working, it was fast and it was accurate. These networks are now run by thieves who don't care for their affiliates or merchants. They care for them. They are now our competitors and they will compete with their own merchants in a while (after taking all their money)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I'll like to be optimistic but believe me it's getting worse, year after year. And LinkShare is a good example. I was pretty happy with Linkshare reporting in 1998. It was working, it was fast and it was accurate. These networks are now run by thieves who don't care for their affiliates or merchants. They care for them. They are now our competitors and they will compete with their own merchants in a while (after taking all their money)
    I agree. Reporting has become really questionable (worse than ever) over this past year. Linkshare wins top place, but CJ isn't far off. Google - who knows?? SAS seems to be the most accurate this season.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

15 years and counting
    After several days, I still see these discrepancies so it's not a temporary glitch. Here we are during the busiest time of the shopping season and we can't trust their reports.
    I understand their favorites affiliates, the BHOs don't care for the reports. They don't have to rely on reports to improve their business, they just have to look at what $ amount they were able to grab month after month.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread