Forums with Built in ShoutBox?
    Hey guys,

I have seen some websites that have a forum and also have a shoutbox on every page of the site that displays the vistor's forum username when they type in the shoutbox. I would like to have my site setup like that. Is there a particular forum pack that has this setup, or is there a way to make any shoutbox display the user's forum username when they type in the shoutbox?

Thanks a bunch,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Gamester
    Hey guys,

I have seen some websites that have a forum and also have a shoutbox on every page of the site that displays the vistor's forum username when they type in the shoutbox. I would like to have my site setup like that. Is there a particular forum pack that has this setup, or is there a way to make any shoutbox display the user's forum username when they type in the shoutbox?

Thanks a bunch,
    Jason

SMF have one, as do Invision, not sure about vBulletin.

Go to their mod/hack sites and put in 'shoutbox' and you can download from there. Very easy setup....SMF and Invision are just mods that you upload and press install.

Ok, thanks for that info!

One other thing comes to mind. Since forums and shoutboxs are uploaded to a server to run, is there anyway to test them out locally on your computer? I am currently using Microsoft Expressions Web 2.0 as a web editor.

Thanks,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Gamester
    Ok, thanks for that info!

One other thing comes to mind. Since forums and shoutboxs are uploaded to a server to run, is there anyway to test them out locally on your computer? I am currently using Microsoft Expressions Web 2.0 as a web editor.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Anyone know?

Thanks,
    Jason

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread