Affiliate Manager
    Anyone esle seeing that darn Chevy "Wrap It Up!" commercial on TV? It is showing like every other commercial on just about every channel here in the Detroit, MI area...

GRRRRR.....

I think I want to take my Chevy pickup back and tell them to "stuff-it"

That's exactly what you should do, and then go buy you a real truck. A Dodge Ram 1500.

Everybody knows that Ford is the only company that really makes trucks

Greg

Affiliate Manager
    I turn on the radio today and guess what commercial was on... I cannot hide!

ABW Ambassador
    I cannot comment on the current Chevy commerical, (haven't watched much but cartoons for the last few days), but geez, how many years did we hear the "like a rock" chevy commerical?

It's about time they came out with a new one.

Hee hee.

Pardon my shameless promotion:

"Like a Rock" is "Dumb Car Ad" Number Two

Three Dumb Car Ads

Parasites Lower Than a Rattler's Belly.

Maybe it's a Northeast thing but I can not say I have seen that commercial.

Eventhough I have sworn off GM products the Envoy with the sliding rear roof is very cool. I have noticed that commercial.

<hr>
    Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

ABW Ambassador
    You've sworn off GM product? LOL, I've sworn of all american cars!!! I have yet to own one, and it doesn't look like I will anytime soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You've sworn off GM product? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeah it's kind of funny because when I was growing up my whole family bought nothing but Chevy's. In 83 it was time for me to buy my first new car so I ordered a Cavalier. All I wanted was a spoiler which was part of some package and it delayed delivery forever. I finally canceled the order.

I was driving by a toyota dealer and saw a cool looking red car on the lot and bought it. This was during the era when the foreign cars had far superior quality. My family always assumed it was normal to be at the dealer every three months with a problem.

During the 80's and 90's it seemed like Chrysler and Ford woke up and have made some decent products. It seemed like GM was content to make crap.

The real irony to all this is that my main car is a Chevy Lumina at the moment. I bought it as a favor to a friend. It has been a pretty good car so far but from the design/performance stand point is is incredibly boring.

On the wish list is some sort of a fire breathing muscle car. Maybe a Mustang GT.

<hr>
    Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

Are there any GOOD car commercials? What is even worse than the national ones, are the local ones!

We have one guy who talks so fast, you can barely understand him. Another screams at you, and yet another has such a raspy voice, the sound of it is annoying (kind of like fingernails on a chalkboard!)

Another dealer talks about their great service, which is a joke since they have the WORST service department in the city! They couldn't fix a car properly on the first visit if they had to!

Plus I saw that the one who talks fast also owns dealerships in other states, so he does the same thing elsewhere. Very annoying.

And dealers wonder why they have such a bad reputation.

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by REM:
    You've sworn off GM product? LOL, I've sworn of all american cars!!! I have yet to own one, and it doesn't look like I will anytime soon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Same here, I own 2 VW's and I was tempted to buy the Chevy Express Van, great van, I just didn't have a airport runway to park it on!

Funny, only Chevy commercials I see lately are "A portion of This Old House brought to you by GMC Truck" -- Which aren't nearly as good as the Saturn ones.. (of course, that's GM, too)

--
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own." – Benjamin Disraeli
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club -- http://www.ford-fox.org

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread