ABW Ambassador
    CJ - You Guys Should Let Us Pick A Default Site
    I know this has been brought up in various threads but just now going thru my email and I'm realizing how much time I waste with the links. I like getting the links in the email, very handy. Except I get them with the ids from the site I signed up with, one that sucks and I don't update anymore. And I have to change out the ids. So you guys should let us pick a main/default site, give us the ability to change it if we want, so those emails with links would be more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I know this has been brought up in various threads but just now going thru my email and I'm realizing how much time I waste with the links. I like getting the links in the email, very handy. Except I get them with the ids from the site I signed up with, one that sucks and I don't update anymore. And I have to change out the ids. So you guys should let us pick a main/default site, give us the ability to change it if we want, so those emails with links would be more useful.
    Unless you use the AID for reporting purposes on your own end, it doesn't actually matter to CJ/CJ advertisers if you have links on http://www.newsite.com but use the PID from the default site of http://www.oldsite.com instead of your PID assigned for http://www.newsite.com. That being said, being able to assign a default would definitely help those who rely on AID as a form of tracking/splitting things between sites.

ABW Ambassador
    "Unless you use the AID for reporting purposes on your own end"

That's what I use it for, I like to know what sites the sales are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I signed up with, one that sucks and I don't update anymore.
    I went down this road with CJ a while back. My main problem is that when I apply to a new merchant, sometimes they never get beyond that lame-o site that I used when I signed up. I have wasted a lot of time writing emails to point out my main site, and then they accept me.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    I went down this road with CJ a while back. My main problem is that when I apply to a new merchant, sometimes they never get beyond that lame-o site that I used when I signed up. I have wasted a lot of time writing emails to point out my main site, and then they accept me.
    If you go to the web site settings page, you can change the URL assigned to an existing PID - Just replace your lame site with your new site's URL, and that will take care of that problem.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    This also a frustration for AM/OPM's as we see a site that may not be hosted anymore. Lot's of application have been declined due to this which forces the affiliate to spend extra time responding to the decline email.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    This also a frustration for AM/OPM's as we see a site that may not be hosted anymore. Lot's of application have been declined due to this which forces the affiliate to spend extra time responding to the decline email.
    That's the fault of the affiliate, though, as they are fully able to change the URL of a PID to a working site.

I agree with Joshua.

While back I asked CJ about this and they told me I can just go in and change the URL myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    If you go to the web site settings page, you can change the URL assigned to an existing PID - Just replace your lame site with your new site's URL, and that will take care of that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    In web site settings I have 6 sites listed with the proper URLs. They are sorted by the order they where added. I want the last added on top. CJ say no way so my best site is seen last if at all.

All we are asking is for CJ to give us a chance to set the sort order by some kind of numbering of our sites. If CJ was mine it would be done tomorrow.

ABW Ambassador
    I also contacted CJ a few months ago as they changed the default website to one I hardly ever use. So each time I login to get links I have to change the website to the one I want to use although I do have scripts that change them anyway if I don't catch them first. I can't think of anything more annoying and why did they change the order is beyond me, we should be able to choose which is our default site. For some stupid reason I'm lucky that I still get my emails with my preferred site ID. .
    Last edited by glittered; December 2nd, 2008 at 02:55 AM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    If CJ was mine it would be done tomorrow.
    The funny thing is they have hundreds of people that work on one website yet they can't do such basic things like this. Many of us affilates run hundreds of sites on our own and would fix something like this in minutes.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Has anyone actually called or sent a support ticket in to CJ to ask about this? They may be able to do it manually in their back-end, though I really have no clue.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread