Despite the impending holiday season, the mood on this board had been, at best, surly, and at worst, caustic.

As a small counter to that, let's start off by talking about some upstanding merchants and AMs here on ABW, in no particular order...

Andy Rodriguez: What can you say about this man? He sets the standard by with other AMs are measured.

Patrice: So good she got me interested in selling stuff that actually involves doing manual labor.

Linda B.: She's introducing new programs at a breakneck pace. That could be a sign of low standars, but is just the opposite in this case, because each program is as good or better as the one it follows.

Akiva: Underwear, sports fan wear and collectibles all easy to sell because of his laser focus on conversion. The PSC alone earns him a spot in the AM Hall of Fame.

Joey from Affiliate Fuel: An unabashed, very public stance against parasites and programs that convert. Awesome!

Rick from JC Whitney: Under the most difficult of circumstances, Rick has been forthright and affiliate-focused. Many things were beyond his sphere of control, but he handled the whole mess masterfully, IMO.

Frank from Urban Scooters: I wish I could generate some sales for this guy! And more for Brian from SaS.

OK, that's just a short list and I apologize if I've left anyone off ... ooh, there's Jessica from IAN, for example. But just typing that list made me feel better. Everything isn't perfect, but it certainly can't be as bad as the mood on this board would suggest!

People are spending more than ever online. In this turbulent evironment exists great opportunity.

More to be happy about: I had a great road trip with my son; read about it here.

Just for fun, find out the story behind Christmas songs by clicking here.

In short, let's lighten up!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

[This message was edited by phillyBurbs.com on November 25, 2003 at 02:53 PM.]

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Yes...something positive. Sounds like a good plan.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

Affiliate Manager
    What a nice thought karl-thanks!

I always love reading your comments :-)

Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network

A parasite free contract since June 2001
    http://ian.com

Karl, you are the best. Anytime I post, you are there with a great reply, ready to help or put up links or anything else. And you really nailed it for us AMs here - it's so nice to read something positive about us. Makes me feel like I really am going in the right direction.

I'd do manual labor for you any day.

Thank you so much for the kind words and genuine sentiment. Way to get things going in the right direction! ABW can always count on you to say just the right thing at just the right time.

-patrice

Even if we do a lot of grousing, we all sincerely appreciate good A.M.s...

It's like, you're more likely to hear from us when things go wrong...doesn't mean we don't love ya!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Karl,

You are indeed a pleasure to work with and always have kind and level-headed comments.
    You are the type of person we all enjoy working with and I wish everyone here had your attitude.

Jessica and Patrice really said it all and I echo everything they said. And YES everyone needs to get some positive strokes and recognition once in awhile.

Thanks, we needed that!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

ABW Ambassador
    Karl, you forgot about Chris Sanderson from Mondera.

KCEdit:

Excellent! Exactly!

Chris is another shining example!

Karl Smith
    ---------

OK - just for the sake of completeness - what about Dale from Motormint?

Radegast: Another good call! Awesome products and a great AM. Also my son's favorite items on our site!

OK, everyone join in ... don't be shy!

Karl Smith
    ---------

Well, thank you for the kind words, Karl! Being an active AM is not easy and kind words add fuel to the rockets!

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

<TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=600><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya definately forgot about Chris from Mondera. Also, Matt from Vanns and Bryan from Backcountrystore, both awesome am's. Andy, Patrice, Akiva and Rick, all are doing awesome jobs, although things could be better for JCWhitney, they look like they are going to be with the new feed he's pushing.
    Brian, I have been pushing more stuff you're pushing, like to get shareasale numbers up there with CJ, but that will take awhile.
    Oh and Linda from Organize Everything and the everyticket people, dang, know I'm forgetting somebody...
    Good idea Karl!

Yes! Yes! Yes! You all are great Affiliate Manager and we can't say enough thanks to make up for the things you do for us and your working hard is greatly appreciate!

I also would like to add
    BackcountryStore - Bryan
    (Works hard and have a great communication with his affiliate and always helping hand to better your conversion! Thank you Brian!)

With your honest effort you all deserve to be on top of every affiliates sites.

We sorry we don't say thank you enough!

Great job and kudos to you all and I wish you all the very best holiday ever!

Thanks Karl for starting this thread!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Radegast, Karl thanks for the Kudos, I'm putting you back in my Will now

I have got to say though as an AM I am completely honored to be even mentioned in the company of the great AM's named in this thread. And then, I am of course, terribly jealous of Mondera's staff.

There are some outstanding AM's at ABW that truly set the standard for others to strive for.

Dale

You belong up there with the best of them. You always take the time to respond quickly and in detail to any communication, no matter how busy you are.

(The same can't be said for allof those hallowed names at the top of the list... )

Add Carolyn from CollectiblesToday to the list.. I wish I could generate more sales too

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    You've forgotten Chris the AM for Mondera and a whole lot of other programs.

Chris actually taught me how to get my sites to convert. I couldn't sell a single piece of jewelry for any merchant for 2 whole years, before that.

Akiva is great too. Especially, like you say, his focus on conversions. He actually found that I messed up the links on my sites and told me about it so I could correct them.

Actually, there are a lot of honest merchants here at abw.

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

Wow...Thanks of the kind words qball and inclusion in this list. I'm honored to be a part of it and will continue to strive to always be a part of any list like this....

It's partners such as yourself and others I've been able to meet and or communicate better with here that have given me the ability to have what I consider a great program and a very fulfilling job. Thanks for everything you've all done for me. Let's continue to work together to make one another the best we can be.

Thanks!

Matt Ranta
    Vanns.com
    netProfits Affiliate Program
    Manager
    netprofits@vanns.net

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Congrats to all the AM's who have come here and learn the ropes. Some like Andy were trailblazers making the path easier for the others to follow. All wear sales caps and judge their programs success by the number of affiliate checks they write monthly ....not the amount. My hats off to all, righteously mentioned above, as those not mentioned will either have to adopt your ways of worry about their job security as the consumer DEMANDs real value in every click.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread