Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Smile New and needing affiliate info
    I am new to this forum and this kind of affiliate programs. I went to your best of thread and found Popshops and joined their program. I was already a member of CJ and Linkshare.
    After reading a couple of threads I realize there is some unethical activity going on with some big players and wanted someone to tell me who to stay away from. I understand that you may not want to post that in the open forum so could someone just privately e-mail me here or 2sillycows + gmail with a short list. The only mainstream affiliates I am a member of are just the ones available at Popshops. I'm only concerned about those.
    Anyone pulling any tricks of any kind will get yanked. It's bad enough that mainstream (non-adult) is so hard to make money at, I do not want to get cheated out of the little bit of change I will bring in. grrrrr

Thanks
    :kiss:

Lightbulb
    if there was enough discussion about a bad merchant here you can use the search function with the name of one you are curious about.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    The only mainstream affiliates I am a member of are just the ones available at Popshops.
    I noticed in another thread you were calling merchants or networks "Affiliates". Just wanted to clarify for you, you're the "Affiliate"

Herb is right. The Search tool on ABW works real good so check that out.

There are lists of merchants who work with parasites in the parasite threads. The OneCause/Linkshare thread has a very complete list of the merchants involved -but. You need to read the thread to be able to keep up with which merchants have booted the parasite from their program. This kind of research is part of the fun of being an affiliate.
    To check out other merchant/parasite connections you will need to do some searching and some researching.
    I agree, it is better not to even start a relationship with a clueless merchant so you aren't wasting time working for others.
    BTW, it might help you to get a better overview of the entire forum by clicking on the big A triangle logo at the top of the pages, next to the searchbox. That way you can see better where things are, where to look.
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    I noticed in another thread you were calling merchants or networks "Affiliates". Just wanted to clarify for you, you're the "Affiliate"

Herb is right. The Search tool on ABW works real good so check that out.
    I'm aware of that. That was short for "Affiliate programs". There is always a couple of people in every forum who jump on the newbies and yell "use the search button". I know that. I was striking up convo to see who was friendly enough to share and explain like 2busy did. Thanks

If Gary hadn't already corrected you I would have. A good attitude goes a long way here, and your response might make people think twice next time you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    If Gary hadn't already corrected you I would have. A good attitude goes a long way here, and your response might make people think twice next time you ask.
    I'm trying but several times right before handing me a link I get a quick kick in the butt. This makes it difficult to stay friendly. (I'll help you but let me first cut you down and inform you what a horrible inconvienience you are to us veterans) Would a person do this if they were talking to you in person? Probably not. When I was taking my mental health class in nursing we were explained that "You" is an aggressive word in a statement and discourages thearaputic conversation.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sillycows
    I'm trying but several times right before handing me a link I get a quick kick in the butt. This makes it difficult to stay friendly. (I'll help you but let me first cut you down and inform you what a horrible inconvienience you are to us veterans) Would a person do this if they were talking to you in person? Probably not.
    What the hell is your problem?

Talking
    I'm trying but several times right before handing me a link I get a quick kick in the butt.
    Just look at it as, your initiation into the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Just look at it as, your initiation into the club!

LOL, right! Thanks, I may have looked like I was angry with the wrong person when I was actually agrivated with someone else. No worries

ABW Ambassador
    You can use the search function.

btw
    There is a MOD here that stubbed her toe at the beginning here at ABW.
    She is MUCH older & wiser now.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I have a couple of stubbed toes myself! lol!

It doesn't come fast and it doesn't come easy but if you're persistent and patient you will catch on.

ABW Ambassador

Reactionary responses don't set well here, flexibility does...

X

Lightbulb
    it is an awfully big library here -- I just pointed to the card file.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Popshops doesn't have anything to do with whether or not a MERCHANT is ethical. As an AFFILIATE you have to look further than whether or not a MERCHANT is on popshops.

If you want to know who might be unethical, look at the threads talking about toolbars, see which merchants are a part of those toolbars, and thus begins your research.

But come on ABW...if you are going to tell someone to do a search at least give them a hint on what to search for as you don't always find what you are looking for with the search tool.

To the OP, when you are done with the toolbar research then try "unethical merchants" and see what you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    Popshops doesn't have anything to do with whether or not a MERCHANT is ethical. As an AFFILIATE you have to look further than whether or not a MERCHANT is on popshops.

If you want to know who might be unethical, look at the threads talking about toolbars, see which merchants are a part of those toolbars, and thus begins your research.

But come on ABW...if you are going to tell someone to do a search at least give them a hint on what to search for as you don't always find what you are looking for with the search tool.

To the OP, when you are done with the toolbar research then try "unethical merchants" and see what you come up with.
    Thanks for the info

I realize that you probably already know this, but regarding your original post here:
    The only mainstream affiliates I am a member of are just the ones available at Popshops. I'm only concerned about those.
    The merchants that are available at PopShops require you to join the Network they are on and then join up with each merchant before you start using PopShops or there won't be any commissions. They have a handy way to join up right from PopShops, but not all merchants auto-approve and it is always better to investigate each program you join before you sign up and start promoting. When you join a merchant's program you are agreeing to abide by whatever rules they have in place so it is best to view, read, checkout each merchant that you sign up with individually.

The only reason I'm posting this is because the original post seems unclear on that point and I'd hate to think you were working for free.

The reason that Gary corrected your terminology is that it matters what kind of answers you will get if others misunderstand what your meaning is. The terminology here at ABW might not be familiar to you but words have meanings and that's all that Gary was trying to help you learn. If we care to communicate and help others here, we all need to be speaking the same language.

Sometimes people have time to give very detailed responses, sometimes we're just short of time, but all the responses in this thread were meant to be beneficial to you. There's that word again. lol.

I do think 2sillycows was jumped on. The tone of the responses seemed to indicate a holier then though attitude. I remember when I fisrt joined, some responses to my questions would be slammed. I looked the other way. Thank G-d I did.

I think soem of the berating of 2sillycows was unfair. That's my objective opinion.
    2silly was just asking if soemone knew of any unethical merchants to email him/her. Then a number of people jumped all over him/her.

After reading a couple of threads I realize there is some unethical activity going on with some big players and wanted someone to tell me who to stay away from.
    2silly - im all ears .. tell me what programs / sites you find unethical activity ..

http and a telephoto
    Teaching someone to fish is actually better than handing him the fish. Once you learn your way around you can ask more detailed questions that people can answer easily. "Who are the bad players" is a very big, generic question that has been covered in many threads and the playing field changes constantly. There isn't a quick easy or even a long detailed, answer.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Oh all you newbies just tell em to kiss your arses. If not in here it could be in the market place. Am I right or what?

What's with the "use the search function" bullshit and what is with this teaching someone to fish crap? Get real people!

For crying out loud booga booga bullsheep crapinass wtf he double hockysticks yah!

Sorry about my post I think I caught a case of typing tourettes

Newbies don't need to take your veteran crap folks!

Just join in, step on some toes and be a little rude. Oh and I forgot you should have fun and most importantly enjoy what you are doing or are about to do.

Remember that a plan is nothing until it's been revised and finished.
    Last edited by Heyder; January 11th, 2009 at 02:19 AM. Reason: I was bored and you know

Veterans should know better than this folks. You could be speaking to the very person who signs that next big $10,000 check every month for your or at least a new friend.

http and a telephoto
    Heyder, not sure why your attitude is so hot. I believe in education of merchants and affiliates both and don't hand feed anyone, and I turn down clients that need too much handholding if they don't choose to learn along the way.

Nice to see you posting again...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Loxly,

I like you and I really mean that but this nonsense feels like a bug up my butt and it crawled from a few abw veterans. No one is teaching anyone anything except that we can all act like A holes for no good reason.

I've held quite a few hands around here and never felt there was anything wrong with that. In fact I remember when you were a newbie and had dumb questions too.

BTW I am not angry with anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast