Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Twilight
    I just read the book - gonna see the movie tomorrow night. I CAN'T WAIT to see it! Casting looks perfect. Should be really good.

Has anyone else become obsessed with this story? I rival my teenagers in obsessing over stuff like this. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    My 14 year old daughter has read all the books, and went to see the movie. She liked the movie, but was a bit upset that it was not as good as the book. No movie is ever as good as the book though is it?

I am a true fanatic!! I read all of the books in less than two weeks. I was worried that I would not like the movie but really did. I went into it with the expectation that movies are almost never as good as books. But I think what saved it was how true it was to the book. I appreciated that.

I'm really sad... I actually have 3 Twilight t-shirts plus the soundtrack. LOL! I have a shirt that says "I'm betting on Alice" with a crystal ball that I just love. Plus one that says Isle Esme (which comes from Breaking Dawn). And another that says "Do I Dazzle You" on the front and "Frequently" on the back.

Obsessed? Just a bit!
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms
    I am a true fanatic!! I read all of the books in less than two weeks. I was worried that I would not like the movie but really did. I went into it with the expectation that movies are almost never as good as books. But I think what saved it was how true it was to the book. I appreciated that.

I'm really sad... I actually have 3 Twilight t-shirts plus the soundtrack. LOL! I have a shirt that says "I'm betting on Alice" with a crystal ball that I just love. Plus one that says Isle Esme (which comes from Breaking Dawn). And another that says "Do I Dazzle You" on the front and "Frequently" on the back.

Obsessed? Just a bit!
    LOL Tricia - I am somewhat reluctant to see the movie tonight because I think it incorporates more than the first book and so far, I've just read Twilight. But I'm going anyway.

It is certainly a compelling story. I'm way obsessed after reading just the first book. Ordered the other 3 last night and will devour them in a day or 2 I'm sure.

LOL @ 'Do I dazzle you?" - Perfect. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Actually, I don't remember anything in the movie that was from further than the first book. They are starting to run together a bit in my head, but as far as I can remember, it was REALLY true to the book in that respect. The only difference is about 5 seconds at the very end, but it won't spoil anything for you. It just lets you know there might be a sequel, which clearly you already know because you know there are 3 more books (and maybe more to come).

When you finish the other 3 books...be sure to visit Stephenie Meyer's website and get the manuscript for the 5th book that she started writing and scrapped. It's Twilight from Edward's perspective and pretty interesting. You could actually read it now while you wait for the other books and it wouldn't ruin anything.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Actually, I don't remember anything in the movie that was from further than the first book. They are starting to run together a bit in my head, but as far as I can remember, it was REALLY true to the book in that respect. The only difference is about 5 seconds at the very end, but it won't spoil anything for you. It just lets you know there might be a sequel, which clearly you already know because you know there are 3 more books (and maybe more to come).
    It didn't take anything from any book other than the first. SO GOOD. I got my visual fix and can rest easier now. :-) The movie was very good. I had a few issues with a few things but nothing that would make me not love it.

This is definitely a trilogy in the making, if not more. The casting was perfect. Hope neither of the leads get nervous over type casting and bail on the rest of them. Robert Pattinson was a perfect Edward.

Edward Cullen is certainly a HUGE character. He has captured the imagination of so many women and girls. Interesting stuff. :-) [/QUOTE]

When you finish the other 3 books...be sure to visit Stephenie Meyer's website and get the manuscript for the 5th book that she started writing and scrapped. It's Twilight from Edward's perspective and pretty interesting. You could actually read it now while you wait for the other books and it wouldn't ruin anything.
    I did but didn't see anything about a 5th book. I think she could write another 4 books from his perspective and do very well.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ABW Ambassador
    My wife got into the Twilight series from coworker & had me read them... I'm on the 4th book now. The reading level is obviously low and most of it is from a teenage girls perspective, but it's entertaining. The most important thing, to me, is that my wife and I have something else to share and talk about. We did see the movie too and, as mentioned, it stayed fairly true to the book.

I'd like to find another series of books that my wife and I would both be into... any suggestions?
    Hi, I'm a signature.

On the advice of a friend I bought the first two books. I am almost done with the first book and i am hooked!!!!! Thanks for info about the movie. I thought i had to wait to see it until I finished the whole series.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Celicaphile

I'd like to find another series of books that my wife and I would both be into... any suggestions?

Check out Dean Koontz. He has written a lot of great books. There is a series about a guy who can talk to ghosts, Odd Thomas.

I have read over 30 of his books.

I could not get into the Twilight series. I thought that it was poorly written. My daugher loves the series though, she has read them all

Quote Originally Posted by Celicaphile

SO many I could suggest. Not necessarily sagas but individual books.

For a series of books, I'd suggest the Area 51 series, by Robert Dougherty. I think there are 7 or 8 books in the series by now. All really good, interesting and out there.

I'm amazed at the diverse audience Twilight has captured. Yes, it was intended as a teenage girl story but it's transcended to the general public. Gotta love it.

I just got the next 3 Twilight books and will be devouring them for the next few days. If I'm not around much, you'll know why.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Here's the link to Midnight Sun...which was going to be the 5th book until it got released online. Stephenie Meyer has released it freely on her website:

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

I have not read the books but I have seen the movie. If you are looking for a teen romance movie you won't be dissapointed.

Our company is deeply involved in the Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror genres and this is one of the reviews that appear in our company blog. I would cut and paste the review but I'm not sure if that is acceptable practice on ABW so all I will say is if you go to our site and click on our blog you may be entertained.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Here's the link to Midnight Sun...which was going to be the 5th book until it got released online. Stephenie Meyer has released it freely on her website:

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
    Thanks Tricia! I'm devouring New Moon now.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread