Cool ValueClick On The Fritz! (Commission Junction Too)
    Interesting article talking about ValueClick, including why it's CPA network is failing. These guys posted something a couple of months ago and since the stock price has gone down 50%. Now, they are at it again....
    Last edited by Trust; December 3rd, 2008 at 06:21 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    companymeme

Some of us watch VCLK on an hourly basis.

TY for the info...

No Problem
    No problem Adam.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    When a company uses gross revenue to represent all the other channels outside of the affiliate network it is bound to catch up with them. CJ is their most profitable channel but they orphaned it a long time ago. Watch for continues divestiture of their non profitable channels and hopefully there will be something left for affiliates when the dust settles.

This isn’t all ValueClick is worried about. The Google Affiliate Network is quickly becoming the largest CPA advertising network in the world over Commission Junction, a profitable asset for ValueClick. Google is already gaining speed and as soon as they integrate analytics for publishers, it will be over for ValueClick affiliate marketing.
    I'm not sure about all of this hype surrounding GAN - Compared with CJ, their advertiser selection is not nearly as strong, and I can't see how analysts seem to think it will quickly vault into 1st place. Last I remember, CJ was the largest, followed by LinkShare, Performics, and then SAS. If anything, I see more of the threat from PepperJam and the continued rise of CPA networks. I'm also not sure how this site thinks that integrating more analytics into GAN will help improve GAN's market share.

ValueClick does have a lot to watch out for, but I don't think that CJ is a weak point in their portfolio, nor that GAN is their biggest threat.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    It will be interesting to see if tying the affiliate tag into AdWords/AdSense will make a significant difference for Google over other networks. Also, will Google cart give an advantage?

No offense but this looks like an attempted stock manipulation ploy to me.

This from me posting the "must read for all CJ affs" thread.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Question Is this Correct?
    Hey Guys, apparently I was not supposed to link back to the article, so I am posting the whole thing here.

ValueClick, the holding company that controls major advertising/shopping properties Mediaplex, Comission Junction and PriceRunner, is on the fritz. Big time. Display advertising is one of the ValueClick’s biggest revenue drivers, which at the moment is the least economical ways for advertisers to spend their money due to low CTR, high bounce rates and often immeasurable demographic metrics. All of Internet advertising is taking a hit though. Google saw a major drop in their stock when they pulled back their earnings forecasts this week, while ValueClick has seen their stock drop to $5.42 from a high of $29.97 this year. Ouch. This isn’t all ValueClick is worried about. The Google Affiliate Network is quickly becoming the largest CPA advertising network in the world over Commission Junction, a profitable asset for ValueClick. Google is already gaining speed and as soon as they integrate analytics for publishers, it will be over for ValueClick affiliate marketing. Lastly, their PriceRunner comparison shopping search still has momentum in Europe, but back home they are a second thought, even more so now with people’s wallets closing shut from the financial crisis. Their market cap is down 60% this year to $474M. Watch out for even further falling prices. We called this drop off in October, since then their stock price has fell significantly. In related news, Sam Paisley, their former head of M&A has already left for SpotRunner. Is it possible ValueClick will be the first major tech stock to bite the dust?

from (took out link)
    Last edited by Trust; December 3rd, 2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: link

ABW Ambassador
    "Hey Guys, apparently I was not supposed to link back to the article, so I am posting the whole thing here."

Then why did you just do it again? So after I took out the first 2 links and told you not to link back to your blog, you decided to make another post and put in another link?

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, since I gave you a ban warning and since you like to spam the internet http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...&q=companymeme a lot of 1 post forum posting linking back to your blog, you're banned.

11. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread