Page reload question
    I love being able to get my html output through PHP and my site is also PHP so it makes for a nice combination between Popshops code and my site. One problem I have that bugs me because I know there should be a simple solution is page reloads.

On the enterprise plan I am using the redirect for all links to my own bigsite.us domain, so when a user clicks on the pagination links it has a standard url link back to my site's page. However, in the process it reloads the entire page, and I would like to find a way to reload just the popshops code...kind of like targeting an iframe. THE catch is that I don't want to use iframes if I can help it.

I was thinking maybe I could target a layer or div, but how do I tell my link to go there instead of the whole page?? I think I can do an if statement in php to grab when a pagination page is clicked, but I don't know how to tell the browser to just reload the code and not everything.

any coders with thoughts?
    Last edited by Trust; December 1st, 2008 at 07:36 PM.

If I understand correctly you basically only want the shop within the page to reload, not the entire page, when clicking on pagination links.

The only way to reload just the shop content is through some kind of Javascript/Ajax to retrieve the new content and write it to a div on your page.

The PopShops Javascript snippet is already doing this.

The PHP version doesn't do this as it provides additional indexable pages. By making the content refresh inline like that makes it invisible to any search engines. So I'm not sure what advantage having the snippet in PHP would offer. If the shop reload is really what you are looking for I would try the Javascript.

If you really want the PHP the only other way I can think of doing it would be to create a series of shops and then build a Javascript navigation system on your end that would load them on your end without a page refresh.

would I be crazy to just z-index="-100" or style="display:hidden" for the php and switch back the visible to javascript? or am I going to get in trouble with search engines.......................

I was attempting to use a javascript like this

<script src="filewithphpcode.php?psps_page=[page number]"></script>

you should be able to run it that way, but then I get xml errors in the css......remove the css and I get one more xml error near the bottom of the outputted html code

should I point this out to Angel or whomever?

How about exploring caching of your entire pages on your side? I couldn't tell you how, but I know that some users do that when they have heavy pages and it works.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

how do you do that?

I don't know. There are probably scripts out there that you can get to cache with PHP code. Maybe a coder on this forum know PHP and can supply some code?

When I Googled "cache php pages" I saw there are some tutorials, etc.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Unhappy
    Jesse..........i already do that, not that I checked :| ...........i just wish I could figure out how to call php without reloads......I was toying with using an if statement allowing the php page to load, then when the page reloaded it would switch to javascript...........it worked to a point......for some reason my php stuff kept showing up at the bottom of a javascript page???? or it took 2 reloads because php parses first.......

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread