ABW Ambassador
    Running Room (In-house)
    I recently contacted the AM for the Running Room to ask why I was sending so much traffic and have seen zero sales.

This was the response: We noticed there is an issue with the reports and are addressing this with our web team.

Wow - that doesn't exactly inspire confidence!

This program could be so great but instead it is such a waste of good bandwidth. Is anyone having any better luck with them or should I hang up my shoes and head for the showers (sorry for the sports analogy).

I drop them last year, for several reasons but the main was I had no confidence in the system. However I did make sales and did get paid so their still alot better then other Canadian Merchants.

I have started to loss confidence in alot of Canadian Merchants lately including inhouse & Network ran programs.

I do not think Canadain Merchants get it, and we do not have any good Canadian Networks out their to help them understand.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the info kse. It's good to hear that someone has made some money from them... I totally agree with your take on the industry in Canada. It is pretty Mickey Mouse sometimes.

We should all be more careful about where we send our traffic, live and learn

Quote Originally Posted by globalten
    We should all be more careful about where we send our traffic, live and learn
    You need to take chances sometimes just to see if the merchant converts for you or not.

I was looking for this
    I had checked the Running Room site a few times and had never found an affiliate link. I realize you have a lot of experience and decided to drop them, but I'm going to give it a try and see if they accept me as an affiliate. I'm still a beginner, but I really REALLY like their attitude, workshops and products.

But I hope they pay on time

-Rick

Getting paid was never the problem with them. They just do not put any effert into their program. For me it was was wast of time.

As a newbe I suggest you check the commision rate & "Return Days" of any merchants you promote. Better you look at this now then a year or so down the road when you are wondering why you are making very few sales!! Also their are a least one network in Canada who do not use cookie tracking at all for any of their merchants so you may want to keep an eye on this as well.

Also do not limit yourself to the Canadian market place since alot of Canadians still do not shop online. 4 Big Canadian Stores just closed down their sites for online shopping since most shopper just look online and go to the store to buy.

good luck...........

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveWellness
    I had checked the Running Room site a few times and had never found an affiliate link. I realize you have a lot of experience and decided to drop them, but I'm going to give it a try and see if they accept me as an affiliate. I'm still a beginner, but I really REALLY like their attitude, workshops and products.

-Rick

ABW Ambassador
    I'm with KSE. If it quacks like a duck... Everything about the RR programs ia awful. Their link building tool was down for years. I requested a 120X90 creative and have never received it. I complained about no sales after thousands of clicks and suddenly saw 4 sales - then they stopped. If you like dealing with an arrogant program manager then you will love them! I am looking for an alternative merchant (anyone out there?) but in the meantime I do well for the keywords so what can I do? For the amount of work you will need to put into a campaign shouldn't the merchant at least appear to be working on your side?

Maybe we can all bug Mike Mendzat (inhouse AM) and get him to turn his program around...

Best of luck!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveWellness

-Rick

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread