I'm not buying many presents this year, instead i'm taking the family to Cancun for Christmas and New Year, its nearly a yearly occurance but it never gets old, I'll probably spend a lot more money this way but at least the memories will last longer What are you guys getting or doing for Christmas?

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    JJJay,

Sounds like a great time!

I am taking my 1st vacation in about 6 years and going home to Green Bay WI to visit my family. It's a long overdue visit and my Dad's on oxygen now, so felt the need to make it home. Will be fun to see snow. And the thing I'm most excited about is I get to GO FISHING!!! I love to fish and haven't for years. It may have to be ice fishing, depending on the weather, but I can't wait!

What do the rest of you have planned?

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

Linda, nothing beats getting home for Christmas. I hope your father is keeping well and I wish you all a healthy and Merry Christmas.

Our plans are to stay home for the 1st time in years. Last year it was a family reunion at Disney World - fun, but exhausting.

We had 22 family members together for Thanksgiving, so everyone is planning something quiet for Xmas.

My kids are the most pleased that we won't be leaving the house this year. Finally they can play on the day.

We'll be short one kid this year. He left for boot camp (Navy) 2 weeks ago. He'll be missed, but we couldn't be more proud!

We're excited because it's Catie's first Christmas. We took her to the huge light show at a nearby farm last night; she practically jumped out of her seat and was pointing and yelling the whole time. Noah took great delight in pointing out the special displays.

We'll spend most of Christmas Eve at church, as my wife will be directing choirs at two of the three services (Noah will be singing at one, too). We'll go back to my in-laws to read the Christmas story, then tuck in for the night. The next morning should be exciting (see first graf!). I bought Noah a replica Bowling Green jersey with his name on the back. He's gonna jump through the roof when he sees that!

Nice surprise in store for my wife, too. We'll have about 18 folks or so for Christmas dinner at our house, which is always nice.

And if Bowling Green wins Thursday night and gets a bid to the Motor City Bowl, there's a chance Noah & I will be flying to Detroit for the game the day after Christmas. [Keeping my fingers crossed on this one!]. Got word that I hit all my goals for this fiscal year, so I'll be getting a healthy bonus in about 10 days, so it's definitely a possibility!

Yes, we're excited about the holiday!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Karl, that's great!! You've been nothing but encouraging, kind, and supportive to me, and it makes me so happy to hear all your exciting plans. I hope you do get to go to Detroit with Noah even though the only thing I know about Bowling Green is that it's also a cologne that my uncle used to wear. Go BG! And make sure you post some pics, especially of Catie opening presents for the first time.

Everyone sounds like they have great plans. My husband and I will be celebrating Christmas in our new home. We'll be getting together with family several times this month, as my brother in law is on leave from his air force military police post in California and visiting starting Saturday and leaving a few days before the 25th.

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.manager
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    aim: patricemilligan
    ::visit.our.private.forum.at.abw::

Karl, I was hoping you would reply to this thread, I wasn't sure if it was your daughters first Christmas with you. I bet you are excited. I hope you guys have a great Christmas together, please keep us updated.

I'll be visiting my poor old mom. Things have been a bit strained in the past so I hope to start making things a bit better.

Apart from that, taking stock of my life, trying to avoid too much wine with the turkey...

Trying to figure out how to make money from websites....you know, normal stuff...

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    So much nicer to see a topic like this instead of flame wars. The posts alone show that mostly family first rules over the holidays.
    My main goal with all the health concerns was to be here for my kids for Christmas.
    Guess the next goal will be to make it through to next years now.
    We will spend the holidays split between the two families. I have family out of town although it appears two brothers/wives and 6 nieces and nephews who unfortunately won't be coming in this Christmas (again).
    My parents 50th anniversary is tomorrow but we have a spring gathering the family get together will have to wait for.

@ Linda,
    If you want some real fishing see what we get here in the winter time.SUMO FISH (walleye) About 30 minutes away from here. Now I just need to make time to get out there.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Plans galore here!

On the 12th we have a Christmas party (potluck) for my husbands work. It is always a blast! It is held at the bosses house, everyone brings a dish to pass plus a small gift for the anonomyous gift exchange. That is the fun part. We draw numbers then the person who get number 1 goes first, gets to pick any gift off the table and unwrap it, from there on in, each person (in order of number) can either choose a gift off the table, OR one that someone has already received (steal it from them) If your gift is stolen, you get to get a new one off the table. If someone has something really neat, it can make the rounds being stolen! *LOL*

Then on the 13th my family gets together for Christmas, on the 14th is my husbands volunteer Fire Department Christmas party.

The weekend of the 20th will be Christmas with my husbands family.

Christmas eve/day will be JUST US AT HOME! Yippee! We plan on spending all day playing with the kids toys and kicking their butts in video games (I am a Tony Hawk addict!) We are gonna cook the night before and just snack all day!

Needless to say, I will be glad when December is done though. Way to busy.

~Michelle

"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    WW, thanks for the fish pics, got me all excited. I hope your health continues do well for a very long time.

Michelle, now that's what I call busy!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

Just Lurking
    Things I'll be thankful for this Christmas.

1. Mother is still alive and kicking and not in a nursing home.
    2. The few friends I have are tried and true.
    3. There will be a turkey this Christmas for dinner.
    4. There is hope next year will even be better.

I know it's not much but it's more than I had last year.

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Things I'll be thankful for this Christmas.

1. Mother is still alive and kicking and not in a nursing home.
    2. The few friends I have are tried and true.
    3. There will be a turkey this Christmas for dinner.
    4. There is hope next year will even be better.

I know it's not much but it's more than I had last year.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that is so well put

There are so many things we all take for granted, but shouldn't.
    Life can change for the better or worst instantly and should count our blessings if things are going well or better than it was

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread