Can I use data feed with Any Shopping cart?
    Hello
    I want to know if its Possible to use Data feeds with any shopping card script?? and Please also let me know which tools you needed to work with data feeds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Million-Dollar-Baby
    Hello
    I want to know if its Possible to use Data feeds with any shopping card script?? and Please also let me know which tools you needed to work with data feeds.

Thanks
    I don't understand why you would use a shopping cart with a merchant's datafeed? If you're an affiliate, you need to remember that you are NOT the merchant -- you're only sending customers to the merchant, where they are making their purchases.

If you are a MERCHANT and not an affiliate, then this has to do with setting up your datafeed and how you will work with customers affiliates send you. I know nothing about that.

But if you're an affiliate, I doubt there's a way or even a good reason why you would use a shopping cart with a merchant's datafeed??
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    I don't understand why you would use a shopping cart with a merchant's datafeed? If you're an affiliate, you need to remember that you are NOT the merchant -- you're only sending customers to the merchant, where they are making their purchases.

If you are a MERCHANT and not an affiliate, then this has to do with setting up your datafeed and how you will work with customers affiliates send you. I know nothing about that.

But if you're an affiliate, I doubt there's a way or even a good reason why you would use a shopping cart with a merchant's datafeed??
    Then What Script or Platform Should I use that will help me in managing and editing Datafeed afterward?

ABW Ambassador
    Do you even know what you are doing? Don't jump ahead if you don't understand the basics

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Do you even know what you are doing? Don't jump ahead if you don't understand the basics
    Actually I know What I am trying to do, but I am searching for Tools and Resources to figure out how to... I want to create a store with affiliate data feed. I was wondering If there may be a script or platform but After reading this: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=60200 I am thinking that I need to learn a bit more PHP as I can only understand but can't write...

http and a telephoto
    You don't create a "store" using a "shopping cart" with a datafeed from merchants. You create a website that displays information from datafeeds.

You are off to a great start by reading that thread!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Might want to start off with PopShops/GoldenCan that will let you add an entire merchant's datafeed to your site in just a few minutes of work.

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Might want to start off with PopShops/GoldenCan that will let you add an entire merchant's datafeed to your site in just a few minutes of work.
    Ya I tries POPshop last night and It was very cool tool, also created an account with GoldenCan but I think I'll learn to work with dataFeeds as There customization options were limited.

An instant way to start with datafeeds is with WebMerge. You have all the control you want but the results are static.

Learning to work with datafeeds dynamically is a good way to go but there's quite a learning curve. There are some excellent threads here that give you the very basics. Need to learn php.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread