15 years and counting
    "Koobface" virus turns up on Facebook
    If you get something like:
    "You look just awesome in this new movie", "you’ve been caught on a hidden camera" or "You look funny in this new video" don't open it
    http://www.reuters.com/article/lifes...4B37LV20081205
    "Richard Larmer, chief executive of RLM Public Relations in New York, said he threw out his PC after it became infected by Koobface, which downloaded malicious software onto his PC. It was really bad. It destroyed my computer," he said."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    "Richard Larmer, chief executive of RLM Public Relations in New York, said he threw out his PC after it became infected by Koobface, which downloaded malicious software onto his PC. It was really bad. It destroyed my computer," he said."
    Kind of extreme to trash his computer, especially since "Facebook has posted directions at www.facebook.com/security on how to clean infected computers." I guess he could afford it.

http and a telephoto
    Thanks for that link Zeus, I am sure it will be helpful to stop lots of other folks from making that potentially fatal to their computer click. And I twittered it.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing Zeus I heard about it but wasn't sure what message to watch out for. I am going to post it on my twitter as well to get the word out like Mama Loxly.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    Kind of extreme to trash his computer, especially since "Facebook has posted directions at www.facebook.com/security on how to clean infected computers." I guess he could afford it.
    I've 7 UCs in the closet of my office. All trashed after downloading toolbars and other reminder software in the last 3 years. All these toolbars have an uninstall but all of them left unwanted pieces of code bringing instability to the PC and interfering with other software. Sure, I could spend more time and clean them better. Well, it's also a good excuse for me to buy the latest PC but I know many people can't afford to do it.
    I'm not even sure the people infested by Facebook are aware the problem is coming from Facebook.

@Loxly, no problem. Hope it can prevent a few people to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I've 7 UCs in the closet of my office. All trashed after downloading toolbars and other reminder software in the last 3 years. All these toolbars have an uninstall but all of them left unwanted pieces of code bringing instability to the PC and interfering with other software. Sure, I could spend more time and clean them better. Well, it's also a good excuse for me to buy the latest PC but I know many people can't afford to do it.
    I'm not even sure the people infested by Facebook are aware the problem is coming from Facebook.
    I'm no computer wiz, but I just thought a clean install of the OS would clear it up.

More like hard drive format.

There are viruses that can be stored in boot sector now.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread