Lightbulb How About The Worse Of...?
    Every year we get to vote for The Best in 200_

How about a poll to vote for The Worse in 2008?

Since this year have been loaded with a lot of bad news, I think it would be a good idea to see what affiliates think, it what was the worse thing they saw in 2008.

But, if no one else finds a good cause for this idea, then ignore this past...

I think it's much more productive to focus on the positive aspects of the industry.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

http and a telephoto
    I agree, we should reward those that do good. There would be a lot of competition for the "worst" of anything, but it wouldn't accomplish much.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I love the idea of a "worst of" award but that might create more problems than it solves. Although it would be loads of fun to read a thread like that.

Not to mention there are far too many "worst" things of 2008 in this industry we would never be able to nominate them all.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I think it's much more productive to focus on the positive aspects of the industry.
    You know what?

Now that I had about 24hrs to fully analyze the idea of thinking about some of the negative stuff of 2008, I have to agree with you.

Why worry about any of those negative things, when it's better to concentrate on how to make more money next year, and just work around all the negative stuff out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Why worry about any of those negative things, when it's better to concentrate on how to make more money next year, and just work around all the negative stuff out there.
    It will certainly help you maintain your sanity, assuming of course that you have any left.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Why "draw attention" to those that do not perform or are crooks. Positive reinforcement is the way to go when it comes to recognition awards.

So, I vote for me .
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I think the mood in general is too depressing to consider "the worst of" anything. I'd love some good news right now.

The thing I try to stay focused on is that I have probably made more money at this than 90% of affiliates ever will. Same probably goes for the majority of the established affiliate members at ABW. So even though a lot of things have gone bad this year, there is still quite a nice reason to be happy.

-sfcom

Although it would be entertaining to re-visit some of the fiascoes that have come along such as therichkid, I have to agree that the "best of" is more worthy of attention...

X

Onward and Upward!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Not that it will matter much now anyway, but I would like to explain the purpose of why I opened this thread:

The idea to give any price or award to the "the worst of" anything (winner), never crossed my mind, the idea wasn't to praise the winner of "the worst of", by the contrary, I was thinking of something else, something like having thread of bad things of the year in order to have an specific link to send the newbies, when they ask about the why of X subject, and also as a future reference for anyone that in the future, may forgot to rememer the X subject was one of the worse thing of the year XX's.

I made the mistake of thinking that perhaps, maybe We Care enough, to just know what do the people here thought it was the "the worst of" (For Example: "the worst parasite of 2008" ), but as we can see by now, there should be no One Cause for concern about that idea.

I thought there was A Good Cause to have that poll, but now I don't think so.

So, let's dance and be happy be cause, It's that time of the year, anyways!

Don't Worry, Be Happy

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread