ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Quick and easy TV dinners
    So I bought a Claim Jumper Meatloaf dinner with Mashed Potatoes and Green beans > 15.25 OZ and it was GOOD. Quick & easy it WAS NOT.

Check out these microwave instructions:

Pull tab on side of carton to open
    Puncture gravy pouch 2-3 times with fork to vent. Set aside
    Peel back plastic film over green beans
    Add 1 tablespoon of water to green beans portion and re-cover with plastic film
    Microwave plate on HIGH [100 percent power] for 3.5 minutes
    Carefully remove Meatloaf with fork and stir mashed potatoes well
    Replace meatloaf
    Microwave plate on HIGH [100 percent power] for an additional 2.5 - 3 minuets
    Carefully remove plate from microwave oven by supporting the bottom and sides of the plate as meal will be hot
    Place gravy pouch in microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH power [100 percent] for 1-2 minuets
    Carefully remove gravy pouch from microwave oven
    Open gravy pouch with scissors
    Stir mashed potatoes and pour gravy over Meatloaf
    Serve and enjoy

Tax Paying Member
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Never read directions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Zap that bugger until you smell the oder of cooking food.....especially meatloaf .........
    or until the plastic pops and you have dots of food all over the roof of the microwave.
    It's time to eat whatever is left in the tray...
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Los Angeles
    LOL @ Witzer

Mr Mackin - Try Trader Joe's heat & serve food - amazing quality, all delicious and chemical free. Doesn't get any better. And it's an easy "zap for 2, 5, 6, however many minutes - no crazy instructions to try to make it taste better because it's already so good.

Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

What no dessert included? That would have been another extra 10 lines ... I still remember the apple pie desserts... way back when. You were cheated my friend.

or until the plastic pops and you have dots of food all over the roof of the microwave. It's time to eat whatever is left in the tray...

ABW Ambassador
    I am so glad that I can cook

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    New York, USA
    These are the ingredients in the meal you ate last night. This is not good.

Meatloaf (Beef, Water, Green Peppers, Red Peppers, Onions, Ketchup [Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar, Corn Syrup, Salt, Onion Powder, Spice, Natural Flavoring], Texured Vegetable Protein [Soy Flour, Caramel Color], Eggs, Worcestershire Sauce [Water, Distilled Vinegar, Corn Syrup, Molasses, Salt, Spices, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder, Caramel Color, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Anchovies (Fish), Tamarind], Salt, Flavorings, Spices), Red Potatoes (Potatoes, Salt, Disodium Dihydrogen Phyrophosphate [Added to Maintain Color], Sodium Benzoate [Added to Maintain Freshness], Dextrose), Green Beans, Milk, Water, Rehydrated Potatoes (Water, Potatoes, Vegetable Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Freshness Preserved With Sodium Bisulfite and Bht), Margarine (Liquid and Hydrogen Soybean Oil, Water, Salt, Vegetable Mono & Diglycerdies, Soy Lexithin, Sodium Benzoate [A Preservative], Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Calcium Disodium Edta [Added to Protect Flavor], Beta Carotene [Color], Vitamin A Palmitate Added), Mushrooms, Bee* Fat, Onions, Beef Base (Roasted Beef and Concentrated Beef Stock, Salt, Hydrolyzed Corn and Wheat Gluten Protein, Corn Oil, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Maltodextrin from Corn, Sugar, Natural Flavorings, Caramel Color, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate), Beef Broth, Cream (Cream, Mono and Diglyceride, Polysorbate 80 [A Preservative], Carrageenana), Modified Food Starch, Enriched Flour (Weat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Salt, Tomato Paste, Sugar, Spice, Caramel Color, Xanthan Gum. Contains: Milk, Wheat, Soybean, Egg, Anchovies

* Probably should read Beef Fat

Cooking is not difficult. Or do what Rexanne suggested and buy prepared food that's wholesome and edible.

Manchester UK
    Once a fortnight I slave over a hot kitchen. I make sweet and sours, pies, casseroles, roast meals, spaghetti bolognese (spag bog) etc etc all using steamer, slow cooker or fan assisted oven... meat fresh from butcher and veg fresh from grocers.... herbs, spices and NOTHING pre packaged....meal out, meal in...

Pop one, or two meal portions into freezer, clearly labelled.

There you go, one fortnight of no cooking, just pop in microwave to reheat.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread