I have what I think is a good keyword with great potential. When I type in the keyword I show up first, plus when I add a category with it again I am first. The trouble is that not to many users are aware of the keyword. Any suggestions on how to expand on a keyword and get it out to the users?

Where Do You Want To Be Tomorrow?

ABW Ambassador
    It doesn't work that way. A good keyword is good because it gets a lot of searches (and leads to sales).

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The trouble is that not to many users are aware of the keyword. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I suppose any word entered in a search could be considered a keyword, but in all practicality, a word that is almost never entered is no more a functional keyword than any random sequence of characters. In other words, it's useless for your purposes.

Sounds like you are trying to create a new word or create interest in using an old word with a new meaning? Or another word or phrase for a commonly used word? For my automotive site I could use "petroleum powered personal vehicle" instead of "car." I'd be guaranteed #1 on Google but never get a hit.

Time & usage gets a word into the lexicon, with no guarantee that it will last. Write scholarly papers defining it as the new standard term, (the new "paradigm," speaking of words that don't last.) Get it used regularly by Donald Rumsfeld on talk shows and the nightly news. Get Madonna to use it in a song. Skywrite it over the Super Bowl. You get the picture.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    Right

But then there is a common 3 letter word that according the THE tool got 4,509,873 searches last month. Industry insiders know that it doesn't convert.

I have always wondered how many of the searches the tool shows were from people actually looking for the product and how many were just from web masters checking out the keyword.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread