Question Confused Newbie
    Hi,

I'm new at this game and trying to make money not lose it. I started in marketing after buying ($77) yahoocash 4 idiots.com about 2 weeks ago. I got everything setup to market with yahoo but the 'admins' have turned off my ads cause of 'editorial issues'. And they dont even tell you why, so i'm not sure if I hit a dead end and look for something else.

Then I found this themethodreports .com and its for $25 and seems to be better then what i'm doing now. But still not sure if spending more is good for me now.

What is the best way to get in Affiliate marketing ? Your own website? Pay-per-click ? or another way ?

Thanx.
    Last edited by Greg Rice; December 8th, 2008 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Removed backlinks

ABW Ambassador
    confused newbie? You mean a not so confused spammer

Spend a lot of time at marketing forums and you will learn what you need to know. There is no "magic" answer to learning it all overnight.

Charlie

This person probably was trolling and trying to link to these products or he really is a noob who is buying info products trying to figure out the online world. Either way, it is indicative that one way many people make money onlne is by selling information and "no fail methods" to rookies.

For anyone reading this, my advice is to spend time here reading forums and asking questions.

For people wondering about PPC, it is getting harder as the search engines require you to meet higher standards in order to advertise on their sites. Using PPC trafic sent to landing pages with affiliate links is a short-term strategy to make revenue. The visitor only briefly visits your site before moving onto the merchant site.

My advice is to focus on building long-term value by getting a good domain name and building a good site people will recommend and return to. You can still do some short term PPC sales efforts, but use landing pages connected to your larger, more established site. This will allow more success in buying traffic from the search engines.

Question thanx
    Thanx for your reply.

I've been on the formus for a couple of hours now and already got some greet advise. I think i'm going to try genrate a website from goldencan but not sure how to get traffic going. Any ideas?

Question hey OICUAM2
    I really am a newbie tat is already down $77 and trying to make it back from commission. Thanx for you information it does help, and i have been trying pick a good domain name but no luck in finding one yet. But I am glad to hear that i'm somewhat on the right path.
    So here are my steps in getting up and running.

1. Pick good domain name
    2. Create a affiliate site with GoldenCAN
    3. Get traffic to the site ??
    4. Get paid ??

Am I missing anything??

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by gujumax
    I really am a newbie tat is already down $77 and trying to make it back from commission. Thanx for you information it does help, and i have been trying pick a good domain name but no luck in finding one yet. But I am glad to hear that i'm somewhat on the right path.

1. Pick good domain name
    4. Get paid ??

Am I missing anything??
    Yes, you are missing the most important step

1. Pick good domain name
    2. Create a unique, useful site
    3. Add content from GoldenCAN
    4. Get traffic to the site ??
    5. Get paid ??

ABW Ambassador

1. Pick good domain name
    4. Get paid ??

Am I missing anything??
    1. super easy
    2. super easy

3. super hard.

Before you start the first two steps, think about step 3 seriously. Otherwise, you will just waste your time building something which will be buried into thousands of GoldenCan sites the first day it goes alive.

Also, don't forget to use some form of statistical reporting tool such as Google Analytics so you will know how many people visit your site, where they go, how long they stay, where they came from, etc...

I agree that most steps are prety easy with generating traffic being the hardest part.

Another step in the process (once you have some traffic) is to test conversion rates and make changes. Sometimes the smallest change can make a huge difference.

Thanx for your reply.

I've been on the formus for a couple of hours now and already got some greet advise. I think i'm going to try genrate a website from goldencan but not sure how to get traffic going. Any ideas?
    You need your own website. get hold of an html editor, nvu has a free one, generate your own unique content, apply some SEO and upload your site on a hosting server

Then you have total control

Affiliate marketing is hard work
    There are a lot of ebooks out there and you could soon go broke paying for one after another

Find some good forums or affiliate marketing sites that are free. Read and implement what you read then when you are at a stage of better basic understanding you can start investing money in training material.

Most of the information in the ebooks for beginners is available free online

Good luck
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    I'm not super well versed on using data feeds, but I think Popshops might be a better place to start - when I looked them both over it seemed easier.

Also, there are some online html editors out there you can find that work for basic stuff and they're mostly free. Remember too that your site has to look nice, so free templates are your friend.

Question wealthyaffiliate
    Thanks for everyone's reply.

What do you guys think of wealthyaffiliate ? Its $40 a month but alot ppl say hey starting making money right away. They also provide hosting. Anyone had an experience with them??

Did you search? Here's one link...
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...lthy+affiliate

Search for more on ABW using wealthyaffiliate and wealthy affiliate

X

Banned
    1. Never pay money for an ebook that claims to teach you everything you need to know about affiliate marketing or that says you can make $1000 over-night or has some other hyped-up title. If you find a free ebook, great, if not, just keep on the affiliate marketing forums like this one and you will learn much good information.

2. Should you start your own site or go with a blog? There are pros and cons to both. If you are obsessed with saving money and are quite inexperienced, than I would suggest going with a free hosted blog. You probably will not make much money (if any at all!) but it will help you get a feel for affiliate marketing. However, if you are not concerned about the money or if you already have hosting set up than definitely go with your own site. You will have a better chance at creating revenue and will have better support than with a blog.

3. Before you create your site, research your niche. Make sure it is not too competitive and can support affiliate products. Also, make sure the keywords you are planning to target get a reasonable amount of searches.

4. Fill your site with quality content that will be helpful to your visitors.

5. Drive traffic to your site through a variety of ways. You can and should use SEO (mentioning your keywords in your content, getting backlinks to your site, etc.) to get your site to rank higher in the search listings for your niche/keywords. You can also write articles on topics in your niche and submit them to article directories and include a link to your site at the bottom of the article. This is known as article marketing. You can also use PPC but a word of caution: Know what you are doing! I have heard of many people who have lost hundreds of dollars doing PPC.

6. I have never been a member of Wealthy Affiliate myself, but have heard about it. From what I have heard, they offer the same information you could find on sites like this, plus a few tools. I would suggest saving the $40 and just staying on ABW. You will learn far more here!

7. Each one of these topics could be elaborated on for hours. This post is meant to give you a basic idea of affiliate marketing and provide you wth a sense of direction. Just stay on ABW and keep reading and you will gain a good understanding of this thing called affiliate marketing. One more thing: read the Magic Bullet thread (it is in the stickys)!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread