Changing affiliate programs
    I hope I'm at the right place. I had a question. If I decide to change affiliate programs and the new program checks out my site and sees I'm associated with another will I not get refused? I hope this is not a stupid question., but before I drop one program I want to know I'm accepted with another.
    Thanks for any advise

ABW Ambassador
    You mean if you were promoting shoes.com and you wanted to apply to shoebuy.com (for example) then would shoebuy.com deny you because you were promoting shoes.com?

It is possible, but unlikely. It depends on the merchant.

Is that what you are asking?

sorry I was not clear
    I'm sorry. To be exact if I was an affiliate through linkshare's avertisers and wanted to switch to say Avantlink Network or another, would that be a problem? When the advertisers of their site Avantlink Network advtertisers reviews my site would they be likley to refuse me beacause I am accociated with linksahres advertisers. Sorry didn't mean to ask such a open question.

No that's not likely to be an issue with any sensible merchant.
    [B]Kier Marston[/B] - Account Manager
    Email/AIM/MSN: Kier@webgains.com
    [URL=http://us.webgains.com/affiliates.html]Join Webgains[/URL] , Read [URL=http://usablog.webgains.com/]our blog[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    No, there wouldn't be a problem being in Linkshare and Avantlink and CJ.com and GAN and Shareasale and every other network.

You can join them all (as long as your site is ok)

This is the greatest place
    Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions so far. I have only been a member for an hour or so and have answers to all my questions right away.
    Thank you all I'm so

ABW Ambassador
    We all had to start somewhere. This forum helped me a lot back in 2002 when I first started.
    The long term members are all here to help whenever they can (most of them are anyway)
    Some are a bit cranky

Quote Originally Posted by uniquechoices
    To be exact if I was an affiliate through linkshare's avertisers and wanted to switch to say Avantlink Network or another, would that be a problem?
    If you're an affiliate, you're free to join any network you like, and that should not be a problem.

But...
    Quote Originally Posted by uniquechoices
    When the advertisers of their site Avantlink Network advtertisers reviews my site would they be likley to refuse me beacause I am accociated with linksahres advertisers. Sorry didn't mean to ask such a open question.
    As long as you're not associated with parasites, or doing something considered against the Avantlink Network agreement, you should not worry about not getting approved by one or two merchants that may not like your site for one reason or another.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread