ACRU Changes
    Does anybody know the rules about the ACRU? I'm so confused.

Last month, when they took effect my ACRU rate went from $25 to $28 each ... the Medium rank. I was happy with that. Then on the 5th of this month my balance changed for this month, and my ACRU rate went up to $40.

Today I had a couple of reversals show up for November. So, I for the first time I re-checked my dashboard totals for November, and the balance had jumped up. The only explanation is that the $28 for November had also been raised to $40 each.

So, I'm wondering if you do well during a month, do they apply the new rate to the previous month after the evaluation is complete around the 5th of the following month?

Tracy, they were using a quality guesstimate as a place holder for November. Actual quality for any given month is not set in stone until no later then the 10th of the following month.

They've updated in the last couple days for November. Congratulations! You went up.

I went from $40 to $50.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, it's confusing as hell. With the new system, they can change your ACRU and apply it to the previous month. I think it goes something like this:

What you see for the current month is an estimation of what you'll get paid based on history and some other stuff. They say on the 9th, things should be finalized for the previous month.

What I'm seeing is kind of a mess since all my traffic is from one campaign basically.

First time I had campaign quality stats it said that campaign was High and my overall account was Medium. And you get paid on the overall account.

Then every acru update since, my campaign was listed as Medium with overall as Medium.

Then last update they said my campaign was Low but overall still Medium.

So went from High, to a bunch of Mediums to Low the last time for that one campaign.

Why this is a mess to me is, Overall my campaign was High, Medium or Low, overall still Medium. Then it's the same traffic, nothing has changed. So not sure how it goes from High to Medium to Low.

Important to note though, ACRU quality score, as far as payouts is at the publisher level not campaign level.

That's good to know because I use campaigns as a way to identify which section of my site the income is coming from. Two or three of my campaigns do better than the others, but not one of them could stand alone.

As far as the guesstimating goes, that's a little scary. I had one month that was showing me as low. I hope they're looking at the overall picture. I don't promote registering at eBay. I promote shopping for products at eBay and making sales. The active registrations are just gravy to me. It's going to really suck when a month comes along and you think you're making a high rate, and then it suddenly drops.

My account for November has been showing a placeholder of $1 per ACRU.
    Today I was checking last month and it is showing $28 per ACRU. I hope this is where it will stay, but it is very confusing.
    If you were paying for visits it would almost be impossible to figure how you were doing til the next month.
    Oh well, when it gets crazy I just say"its Ebay", and move on...lol

sorry to bump up an old post but I see the same thing baygrafix saw.
    I was getting $1 for ACRU in Dec... yuk.

SO far in Jan. I am seeing $28 per ACRU..
    fortunately, I don't rely on ACRU for eBay earnings but I would certainly rather see $28 vs $1.. that's at least a couple hundred dollar difference each month.

ACRU for Feb is $10..
    ACRU is a big roller coaster so far for me..
    $1 in Dec
    $28 in Jan
    $10 in Feb

Any body want to guess what Marchs ACRU will be??

I wonder if they are still having trouble with tracking ACRUS. Our sales are down overall 69% since EPN took over. We have lost all faith in them and are now looking at replacement alternatives. They used to be excellent but no longer since they took over. Not to mention their pay as they feel like ARCU policy. Our accounts team doesn't believe any of their numbers anymore. I wonder how many top notch publishers they have to lose before they wake up or fire the entire EPN team.

As soon as we have a replacement product in place they are gone from our servers and they can say goodbye to who was once was a top 100 affiliate.

I'm totally seeing the opposite. So far this year my total earnings (with a week to go in March) are up $4,646.62 compared to the first quarter of last year.

eBay was still over at CJ in January through March of last year. My earnings have increased for every month:

January - $1,138.13 up over January last year at CJ
    February - $989.91 up over February last year at CJ
    March - $1,055.36 up over March last year at CJ with 7 days to go.

That's a total of $3,183.40 of my total $4,646.62 increase. So I'm making a lot more money this year than I made last year thanks to eBay.

I've said it before. If you aren't making money with eBay, then you should take a good hard look at how you are promoting the program. There is no reason not to make money with eBay.

What I don't understand is what program you can find that is comparable that could even come close to replacing eBay.

If you promote ACRU as your primary earnings stream you will probably not be too happy with EPN ... On the other hand if you promote SALES, SALES and more SALES,
    the program pays and does so consistently.

While winning bids and buy it now total numbers are lower ... people are still buying stuff. You just have to get traffic to what people are buying ... if you do that and do it well, you can easily end up with 30 to 100 winning bids on good days and 10 or so on not so good days.

Plus, if you get an ACRU ... it's a bonus. One good way to make money from EBAY is to go set up local businesses to do business on EBAY and have them pay you for the service.

ACRUs are unpredictable - Is someone from EPN listening ?
    I think EPN should publish how they determine ACRU. I have watched my ACRUs fluctuate wildly over the past 8 months that I have been actively promoting EPN.

30% to 40% variation month to month is not good for business for affiliates.. it spells "UNRELIABLE". And worst, I cant tell what is wrong - if anything.

I think EPN should publish how they determine ACRU.
    Nope, it's secretive on purpose so this doesn't happen again.

It fluctuates because it's based on the recent ACRUs performance.

If the system is perfectly clear and makes it easy to steal from, then the alternative is doing away with ACRUs altogether.

I'm perfectly OK with how it is, even with just dropping from very high to medium.

ABW Ambassador
    It's a joke. I can't believe other affiliates would support something "secretive" Something where for the whole month, they can show you what to expect to get paid, then at the end of the month drop it. For example, I was showing what I should expect to get paid with $28 ACRUS, then they dropped it to $10 afterwards.

Now, from the start I was getting medium $28 a pop. Then a few months ago was dropped to $10 and went back and forth with somebody at ebay, showing how what they were telling me made no sense whatsoever. Historically I was at medium and then the months I got $10, my main campaign was listed at medium, which was driving 95% of the traffic. So if you look historically or most recent, it was all pointing to medium. But got paid low and nobody at ebay could explain why.

Then I just checked today and now I'm at $40 an ACRU. Which is great, I love $40 but it's still a joke because it makes no sense. Same traffic source, same pages. Jumping all over the place.

They should have something setup for long time affiliates like myself, been with them since 2001 and give them an option of a flat, never changing rate. I would take $25 and be happy with that.

And the people they hired to help, PartnerCentric , are a joke. Tried a couple of different emails, no response from them.

Well I applaud them for figuring out a way to thwart the blackhatters without doing away with ACRUs altogether, which is where it was headed.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread