Hey Gary - C28 Coupons??
    I just got an e-mail from C28 that - They Do Not Allow - coupon sites to use their coupons on them.

Yet, They have a dynamic coupon feed from you and that is the only coupons that I use.

I was told to remove the coupon feed from you or else???

I do not do PPC!

I removed them from my site.

What's going on with them???????

Look at this http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=C28+coupons

The guys at C28 are really not looking to be promoted on coupon sites or on keywords like "C28 Coupon"

I'll need to ask you to remove us from that page and not market us that way or we'll need to go in another direction.

Thanks,

Wade
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 8th, 2008 at 04:05 PM.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I never had to worry as I was declined. Yet if you are going to have coupons and not allow coupon sites that is stupid. Don't have the coupons then.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Thank you for bringing this to the discussion. To clarify the current C28 policy:

C28 has chosen to exclude the use of coupons in the affiliate channel at this point for their own internal reasons.

We are working to convince them to run some limited tests that might lead to wider opportunities.

To be clear, any coupon affiliate site found to display C28 coupon codes has been or will be removed from the program at this time.

For now, the client has asked us to focus on recruiting more content oriented and Christian niche focused publishers and not to actively pursue or even accept applications from affiliates whose primary marketing method is the use of coupons.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Well, here's a list of affiliates you can remove from the C28 program.

It says there are 25,700 of them.

Than should make a big dent in their sales.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=C28+coupons

BTW - we've cleaned up the AL coupon feed to prevent any future misunderstandings.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Well, here's a list of affiliates you can remove from the C28 program.

It says there are 25,700 of them.

Than should make a big dent in their sales.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=C28+coupons
    Hey, this post made the list pretty quickly. :-)

That's a bummer that they aren't allowing coupons for affiliate sites. It seems like that is a trend with a lot of merchants lately. Must be because times are tight.
    [b]Logan Thompson[/b]
    [size=-2][url=http://www.loganthompson.me]My Blog[/url] | [url=http://www.twitter.com/drumminlogan]Follow Me on Twitter[/url][/size]

Wade

Well, it looks like I had a $90.00 sale with them today.

Will I get the commission for it??

I removed their page like you told me to.

We'll make sure you get paid your commission. Thanks for removing this page.

No one understands more how many affiliates (and sales obviously) they are missing out on because of this policy than we do, but it's their business and their call.

We're always trying to advance the issue, and we'll get there at some point. What would help out is to have passionate affiliates who want to sell for them making the case for how the coupon sites add value.

There are a few biggies (that we never or will work with) that are not helping the cause by posting a ton of non-affiliate channel coupons, refusing requests to remove and poaching sales at the last minute. This gives a bad impression to a company that is already coupon-affiliate apprehensive.

Thanks for caring enough to post on this.

ABW Ambassador
    "What would help out is to have passionate affiliates who want to sell for them making the case for how the coupon sites add value."

By generating sales. Some people might go to a coupon site just to look around, see that merchant with a coupon, check them out, buy something. Coupons just work, even moreso with our economy not in good shape.

"There are a few biggies (that we never or will work with) that are not helping the cause by posting a ton of non-affiliate channel coupons, refusing requests to remove and poaching sales at the last minute. This gives a bad impression to a company that is already coupon-affiliate apprehensive."

For those affiliates that don't listen, deactivate them if you haven't already. If the company is coupon apprehensive, don't have them. If you have them as a code, it's just going to get out on the internet, there's no stopping that. You can either discontinue them all together or have the coupon as a link.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior
    We'll make sure you get paid your commission. Thanks for removing this page.

No one understands more how many affiliates (and sales obviously) they are missing out on because of this policy than we do, but it's their business and their call.

We're always trying to advance the issue, and we'll get there at some point. What would help out is to have passionate affiliates who want to sell for them making the case for how the coupon sites add value.

There are a few biggies (that we never or will work with) that are not helping the cause by posting a ton of non-affiliate channel coupons, refusing requests to remove and poaching sales at the last minute. This gives a bad impression to a company that is already coupon-affiliate apprehensive.

Thanks for caring enough to post on this.
    Thanks!

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Since my name is in the title of this thread, I thought I would respond even though it looks like Wade cleared things up.

At any rate, sorry I wasn't around yesterday. Was traveling to the Ithaca, NY area to spend the holidays with my folks. Danette and Ellie are flying out on the 12th, but I long hauled it on the highway with the dogs

For those affiliates that don't listen, deactivate them if you haven't already. If the company is coupon apprehensive, don't have them. If you have them as a code, it's just going to get out on the internet, there's no stopping that. You can either discontinue them all together or have the coupon as a link.
    Our argument to the Client has been that we have a better chance of having some kind of positive working relationship with the affiliate and keeping control of coupons leaking from non affiliate channels if we are engaged with them.

One of the worst offenders ( a recent Pub of the Year for a major network) actually IP blocked the client after the client requested 2x that unauthorized codes be removed. This after they stated in an earlier teleconference that they'd be happy to remove any coupon a merchant had a problem with (all we had to do was email and ask.)

We'll keep working on it... we know the value of coupons, especially in this economy.

Hi Wade

I notice there are still 26,900 search results for c28 coupons on Google.

Does this mean I can put them back on my coupons site since you told me to remove them in December because they couldn't be on coupon sites.

If I still can't - why haven't the other 26,900 been make to remove them from their sites???

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=c28+coupons

None of those guys are affiliates - there should be no one as of now that is making money as an affiliate and running coupons.

believe me - we have asked many sites to remove them... to be honest - since they don't earn commissions on any sales, I have no idea why they list us.

There may be news on the coupon front here soon. Stay tuned.

Wade

Thanks

Burger - we are rolling out some test coupons for C28 now and looking at how the numbers pan out. Initially we are rolling out with 6 coupon sites.

If things go well in terms of new customer acquired percentage and average order value , we'll roll out to more coupon sites.

Can't I be one of the test sites?

I was sending you sales before you told me to remove you from my coupons site.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread