OneCause Video Captures
    In the spirit of trying to get active as called for by Haiko I have been busy. This not to take away from the giant thread of Haiko OneCause - Is Linkshare a parasite now? but to support it.

I have had the feeling that for some out there a "for dummies" version of the videos would be helpful. I don't know if that's what I've got, but maybe.

It seems that if we are going to try and contact our merchants individually we might need more tools rather than one super long thread to point them at. I used the free software called Wink and it does a fairly decent job. I'm finding there is a skill involved in presenting yourself, but the software is fairly easy. You can add audio and text to the videos.

It's worth learning how to use it as there are needs for good video captures that crop up from time to time. You could make your own video and contact a merchant with your personal take in the presentation.

Don't laugh to hard at my humble tries. I have already had 3 ABW members giving suggestions via PM but any more would be welcome. The ones up there have not had all the improvements added yet.

Here is the link: http://www.foolbar.info

I am trying to contact 1-800-petmeds.com by phone and email to give them a look.

Nice job of showing the effects of the OneCause toolbar, John. Merchants must be richer than we think, paying all of those undeserved commissions.

BTW, I saw your lifetime contributions were at 0. What gives? ;-)

-sfcom

BTW, I saw your lifetime contributions were at 0. What gives? ;-)
    Well, one cause could be that he didn't actually complete his purchase. But what do we care?

Excellent job with clear graphics, if PetMeds doesn't boot them, they deserve each other. No one wants to work with clueless merchants.
    Give them a look and a chance to digest what they've seen. If some of our own ranks don't quite understand what's happening, the merchant is unlikely to "get it" easily either. Their attitude is the whole key. Would they like to stop paying unearned commissions?

Thank you for these demos, they also show that no one needs to wait for others to provide their proof. You're a star

Great job with these John! You're one of the reasons I love this place.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Good job John. These pretty much tell the story of the merchant's lost revenue to parasiteware.

X

Nice job, John. Does anyone know how much Linkshare's pound of flesh costs the merchant, on top of the commission they pay to One Cause for any given transaction?

Fantastic Job John!

It's a great benefit to document the organic and PPC overwrites.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Please Tell Me I A Wrong Here
    http://foolbar.info/gan/gnc_flamingoworld.htm
    This appears to be an overwrite with the OneCause Add-On disabled in Firefox and yet the cookie that should be set for flamingoworld is set for OneCause. I am also logged out of OneCause with all cookies cleared at the start.

This is GNC which is on GAN. If this video is correct then it's really bad. Please someone point out my mistake if there is one.

Your absolutely right.

I just went there with IE and although I was logged in I got a login pop up box. After I logged out and re-clicked the link , I got the same Login box but no cookie overwrite either time.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Agree with the others.
    You've done a great job Johnny
    and of course, you too Haiko
    Gotta leave but gonna come back tomorrow to look at this latest one.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    This appears to be an overwrite with the OneCause Add-On disabled in Firefox and yet the cookie that should be set for flamingoworld is set for OneCause. I am also logged out of OneCause with all cookies cleared at the start.

This is GNC which is on GAN. If this video is correct then it's really bad. Please someone point out my mistake if there is one.
    Nothing wrong with your video, John. Great job! It's what everybody can see, anyway.
    I'll like to hear how these QC departments from LS, CJ and Google (AN) are finding OneCause in compliance. What's wrong with these people? Are they all taking bribes from these parasites?
    Don't forget Mark Kirschner at LinkShare.
    "We wanted to take a moment to reinforce to the community that we remain committed to ensuring that all members of our network are compliant with our Network Policies & Guidelines." What a joke!!!
    Still waiting for their excuses and OUR MONEY BACK.

Merchants, John was able to show you it's not rocket science to test your ToolBar affiliates. What are you waiting for? You can get robbed as long as you want, it's your shareholders pb (and don't worry, we're going to let them know) but don't forget your affiliates are also losing their cookies. And, it's our money not yours.

Nice videos John.

Isn't that just the flamingoworld tracking cookie that got set? You clicked on a GNC affiliate link on Connie's site to get to GNC.

Quote Originally Posted by sjangro
    Isn't that just the flamingoworld tracking cookie that got set? You clicked on a GNC affiliate link on Connie's site to get to GNC.
    Yes I clicked on a GNC affiliate link but instead of it setting a cookie on my machine for Connie it set one for OneCause. cc_click21000000000xxxxxx is the format for Connect Commerce or now GAN.

I got the OneCause CC ID by clicking on the GNC link at OneCause. Now I see that ID whenever I click a GNC affiliate link. I tried it on my site and Connie's. Remember that the OneCause toolbar is disabled in my Firefox and I'm not logged in to OneCause.

I have a call in to the GNC affiliate manager at GAN to see what they say.

Yes I clicked on a GNC affiliate link but instead of it setting a cookie on my machine for Connie it set one for OneCause. cc_click21000000000xxxxxx is the format for Connect Commerce or now GAN.

I got the OneCause CC ID by clicking on the GNC link at OneCause. Now I see that ID whenever I click a GNC affiliate link. I tried it on my site and Connie's. Remember that the OneCause toolbar is disabled in my Firefox and I'm not logged in to OneCause.

I have a call in to the GNC affiliate manager at GAN to see what they say.
    That code that you're seeing is not onecause's cookie, it the GNC cookie. If I remember correctly, you'll get one .cc-dt.com cookie per merchant you click on. GNC's cookie will always be named with 101788 at the end no matter what affiliate you click on. That's their ID in the GAN network. The encrypted data INSIDE the cookie that has all the info that GAN needs to tie it to the affiliate.

Click on some other GAN merchants and watch the different cookies appear. Then compare that ID to their ID that's displayed in the GAN interface.

Quote Originally Posted by sjangro
    That code that you're seeing is not onecause's cookie, it the GNC cookie.
    You are right, and thank you. So now where do I see the affiliate ID so that I can see who is getting credit. Is it encrypted?

What makes it difficult is that each network has a different way.

You are right, and thank you. So now where do I see the affiliate ID so that I can see who is getting credit. Is it encrypted?

What makes it difficult is that each network has a different way.
    I believe it is encrypted, so you can't see what's in the cookie. Someone may have cracked it, but I'm not aware of it.

The tried and true way to do it is to use a packet sniffer / http monitor like Haiko does in his videos and watch for the links getting clicked.

I said he's was correct because the 21000000000xxxxxx I saw was completely different than the known FlamingoWorld GAN pub id which is in the same format and starts with 2100000000_____ but as Scott says the 101788 number relates to GNC's cookies.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Using the Live HTTP Headers add-on in FireFox, you should see the following after clicking a GAN affiliate link:

http:// clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/tplclick?lid=41000000012345678&pubid=21000000000012345&mid=fc123456

The lid refers to the advertiser's link ID; the pub ID refers to the publisher's ID. I *think* advertisers typically begin with a 4 and publisher being with a 2. In this case, the publisher's ID number is displayed in ConnectCommerce (GAN) as K12345, which is the account number for XYZ Publisher in CC. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by zooma230; December 9th, 2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: removed link
    [B]Jeff DeBo[/B] | Sr. Marketing Manager - Affiliate
    [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K217424]ProFlowers[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K302833]Personal Creations[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K21765]RedEnvelope[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K220460]Cherry Moon Farms[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K220455]Shari's Berries[/URL]

P: (858) 909-4203 | E: jdebo(at)providecommerce(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko
    I said he's was correct because the 21000000000xxxxxx I saw was completely different than the known FlamingoWorld GAN pub id which is in the same format and starts with 2100000000_____ but as Scott says the 101788 number relates to GNC's cookies.
    I am really glad to be wrong on that one. I pulled the video and left an error admission statement so the link wouldn't break.

I did talk to GAN on the phone and the affiliate ID is encrypted. On a side note they are aware of what's going on with OneCause.

I downloaded Fiddler 2 tonight which I saw Haiko using (copycat here ). That's a very nice find for me.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread