Becoming a merchant?
    This has probably been put everywhere else but I didnt see it so I apologise.

Ok,

1. Can I be a merchant AND an affiliate? ie I have a business selling my own art. I have a wordpress store and I would like people to help me sell art that I am going to place on it, however, on several other sites I am actually an affiliate and try and push other peoples goods... so can you be both with the same company?

2. Is it worth it, as an artist, to try and sell with affiliates, or am I too small a business? ie Are small one person businesses as important as a larger business with lots more goods?

Yes, I know I can sell my work through larger companies such as Imagekind who have their affiliate programme in place, but there I am one amongst many artists and I want to stand a hope in hell of selling something LOL

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stAngel
    1. Can I be a merchant AND an affiliate? ie I have a business selling my own art. I have a wordpress store and I would like people to help me sell art that I am going to place on it, however, on several other sites I am actually an affiliate and try and push other peoples goods... so can you be both with the same company?
    Yes you can. As long as you don't mix your being an affiliate and being a merchant. In other words, don't have affiliate links on your site where affiliates are driving you traffic. Keep the sites completely separate. Your affiliate site can have links to your merchant site, but not the other way around.

2. Is it worth it, as an artist, to try and sell with affiliates, or am I too small a business? ie Are small one person businesses as important as a larger business with lots more goods?

Yes, I know I can sell my work through larger companies such as Imagekind who have their affiliate programme in place, but there I am one amongst many artists and I want to stand a hope in hell of selling something LOL
    That is a good question. The answer is going to be different from different affiliates, but many merchants on Shareasale are the "little" guys and are one person businesses. What will make you stand out is does your site convert, do you have products (images) that affiliates want to feature, do you have good creatives, do you support your affiliates with things like datafeeds and tools.

Having a separate site with your own cart and focusing on your art and what makes it unique is a great idea.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Well I have RSS direct from the shop, and I like my images LOL You know them, what would you think? I am compoletely open to a no, I just would like to know if this is the right approach for me....

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread