OK,
    For the past 3 days I've been visiting the cj.com web site with the intention of signing up (yes I'm a n00b and I'm not a CJ member yet), but the publisher's page won't load up for me??? http://www.cj.com/publishers/home.asp
    Am I doing something wrong??

P.S. Let's not even talk about the Linkshare.com page....I can't even get the main page to load up! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Dinohost.com

I just clicked on your link, and it loads up for me just fine.

It may be a DNS issue. I had one of those with my ISP not long ago, and learned a lot in the process of working around the problem. You might want to try a different DNS server.

For info, check out:
    http://support.open-rsc.org

They have publicly-available DNS servers that cover everything, and instructions on how to set your PC to use them. If using XP, use their Windows 2000 instructions.

A preferred and alternate server pair of theirs that I've used successfuly are:

-- Mike

My girlfriend had the same problem when she signed up (just checked and so do I). I helped her get around it by deleting the www. in every url (doesn't work for me now that they've changed it to signup.cj.com).

Try this - CJ Publisher Signup. It's a secure page so make sure your browser is set up to access secure pages.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,
    Could you explain why CJ sometimes autorejects people who apply to become a CJ publisher? That is autorejected as in hitting the submit button and within seconds a rejection lands in your inbox. I had to try several categories before I got auto-accepted. Any info ?

-- Less is more --

Still doesn't work. I've done everything from changing my security settings, changed my DNS servers, even called my ISP [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]. I can access just about every other website on the net (except linkshare.com...go figure). I think it's a conspiracy so I can't get started in my Affiliate Marketing EMPIRE!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Dinohost.com

quote:
    Originally posted by Dr. Fel:
    Still doesn't work. I've done everything from changing my security settings, changed my DNS servers, even called my ISP [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]. I can access just about every other website on the net (except linkshare.com...go figure). I think it's a conspiracy so I can't get started in my Affiliate Marketing EMPIRE!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://www.dinohost.com/

Do you run any adblocking software or filters of any kind? If you do you wont get into neither linkshare or some other networks. If you do, just turn it off.

-- Less is more --

Try a proxy and see if you can get it to load.

Or have a look at your host file for a reference to cj
    98 c:\windows\hosts
    xp c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host

IT WAS THE HOSTS FILE! I had installed a custom HOSTS file to block pop up ads, and this was blocking CJ, Linkshare, etc... I almost pulled my hairs out trying to figure this out!!! Thanks-a-million Maccas!!!!!!!!!!

Dinohost.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread